Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated grips  (Read 399 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JacobP

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Nrresundby
  • Country: dk
Heated grips
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:06:31 PM »
I'm looking for heated grips for my z900. Looking at the Koso Apollo, because i find it neat that the controller is integrated. They come in two length 120mm and 130mm. As i recall the grips is approx. 125mm, which to choose then? Can anyone clarify the length of the grips?

Online RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1509
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by JacobP [+]
I'm looking for heated grips for my z900. Looking at the Koso Apollo, because i find it neat that the controller is integrated. They come in two length 120mm and 130mm. As i recall the grips is approx. 125mm, which to choose then? Can anyone clarify the length of the grips?

Ive got the oxford heated grips on mine. Each side is a different length - 114mm on the throttle side, 123mm on the clutch side. If the 2 options are 120 and 130, Id probably go with the 120. Or get the oxford grips :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Frontline

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • *
  • Posts: 649
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
  • Country: us
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 01:26:00 AM »
Having recently ridden at the TOTD in 47F air (early AM), I will never say anything negative about heated grips. We had to pull over after an hour and was grabbing the radiator hose to bring the feeling back  :745:

Offline JacobP

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Nrresundby
  • Country: dk
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
I've got the oxford heated grips on mine. Each side is a different length - 114mm on the throttle side, 123mm on the clutch side. If the 2 options are 120 and 130, Id probably go with the 120. Or get the oxford grips :028:

Thanks. I know that's the cheap and safe way to go. I Will just try and do everything before mounting the control Unit for the Oxford. I just hate the looks of it😂

Online RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1509
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 07:45:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by JacobP [+]
Thanks. I know that's the cheap and safe way to go. I Will just try and do everything before mounting the control Unit for the Oxford. I just hate the looks of it😂

You could always get a bit more creative with the controller. Ive seen people use velcro to attach it to the back of he windscreen so its out of sight. Still easy enough to use, cant really be seen and easy to take on and off for maintenance. Might be an option for you?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline JacobP

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Nrresundby
  • Country: dk
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
Yes maybe😊

Offline Loonass

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Bike: Z900 (2018)
  • Town / City: Worcester
  • Country: gb
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »
I was looking at the Koso's as well. They looked amazing but I couldn't seem to get them in the UK. I did Find these though which are virtually the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tecno-Globe-Integrated-Switch-120-mm/dp/B00FHEJOD8
https://www.tecnoglobe.be/tecnoglobe/en/heated-equipments/10101-motorcycle-hot-grips-integrated-control-display.html

The missus got them for xmas and they are on and fitted. I love them, only regret is that I got the 120mm version and they come up short. this leaves an approximately 5mm gap between the flange and the handlebar switches. I think if I had got the 130mm version then I could have made them look a little better.
Also, careful how you fit the left grip, could have rotated it slightly more so I don't catch it when I carelessly use my indicators.

I'll take some photos tomorrow and chuck them up here for you to see.
It was only when I bought a motorbike that I found out that adrenaline was brown.

Offline JacobP

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Nrresundby
  • Country: dk
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 09:48:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Loonass [+]
I was looking at the Koso's as well. They looked amazing but I couldn't seem to get them in the UK. I did Find these though which are virtually the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tecno-Globe-Integrated-Switch-120-mm/dp/B00FHEJOD8
https://www.tecnoglobe.be/tecnoglobe/en/heated-equipments/10101-motorcycle-hot-grips-integrated-control-display.html

The missus got them for xmas and they are on and fitted. I love them, only regret is that I got the 120mm version and they come up short. this leaves an approximately 5mm gap between the flange and the handlebar switches. I think if I had got the 130mm version then I could have made them look a little better.
Also, careful how you fit the left grip, could have rotated it slightly more so I don't catch it when I carelessly use my indicators.

I'll take some photos tomorrow and chuck them up here for you to see.

Well that sounds just fantastic. Today I've ordered the technoglobe in 130Mm so thats perfect. Thanks you for confirming that i've made the right choice.