Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ecu reflash results  (Read 1382 times)

stuartho and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Ecu reflash results
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
Jesus, I know those figures are at the crank, but thatís a decent increase in power! Not sure about raising the rev limiter that high though.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »
Pfff thats a great imrovement 1,5krpm!!!

Think im goin to woolich mine next season

Offline mADmAN

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 04:39:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
OMG, 1K or 1.5k Limiter increase is massive. If I'm honest, I'll even go as far as to say its really dangerous. If the tuner isn't able to check injector duty cycle or knock...mentioning the mechanical limitations is moot.

Good luck....but thanks for posting your results  :821:

*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Jesus, I know those figures are at the crank, but thatís a decent increase in power! Not sure about raising the rev limiter that high though.

*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
Pfff thats a great imrovement 1,5krpm!!!

Think im goin to woolich mine next season

LOLOLOLOL.. all u guys worried about the limiter increase... but i totally get u and agree with u though...truth is... i cant remember by how much the increase was... im just guessing its 1-1.5k rpm increase... it might even just be 500rpm... hahahahaha

but i do remember him telling me the new rev limit and i was thinking "ah thats not much"...anyway.. i rarely touch the limiter... i think ive only once or twice touched the limiter in the bikes life.. so not too concerned... i do more commuting/ touring than canyons and i aint that good in the canyons anyway...im too old for that and the steel in my balls has rusted away so its softer now ha ha ha... i never track too and dont intend to.

and yes.. if u have a decent tuner... woolich > PC5 all day anyday....

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 05:54:53 AM »
Dyno graph showes rev limiter stock vs. tuned. And the power cut line is great now. Surprised abt cutoff with only full exh and dna test run.... thats my current setup.

P.s. regarding my riding style, thats my daily commute - hitting the redline 🤓🤓🤓

Offline mADmAN

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
Surprised abt cutoff with only full exh and dna test run....

he probably just released the throttle early ha ha ha

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 02:56:05 PM »
How do they check at the engine on the dyno? Is there a correction factor or something mechanical?

Offline EvilSkinny

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Williams bay
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »
That is my bike.  Let me know if you have any questions. went with the woolich flash and the quick shifter.  Jason dropped it at my house his way to daytona last wed.    Its an full akrapovic system baffle out, with the aftermarket filter the base pull was made with.  then flashed and tuned.
*Originally Posted by Rbanas3 [+]
Hereís some dyno results I came upon recently with an ECU flash. Full Akro system

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:53:40 PM by EvilSkinny »

Offline Rbanas3

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Mauston wI
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 09:02:29 PM »
Wow, cool! I saw your bike there last month when I was at Jasonís. Iíve been considering doing the same setup on my Z. My bike is still stock. Iím trying to justify 2 grand. Do you think itís worth it and can you feel the difference in power? I donít want to lose any low end. How does she sound without the baffle?

Offline EvilSkinny

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Williams bay
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
I rode it for about 500 miles with and without the baffle.  The akrapovic system, pair block offs, carbon can removal, and carbon can removal were done as soon as I rode the bike home from the dealer.    Loud would be the one way to describe it, and the rev limiter was way to low for my liking to start with.  Told Jason to do a full street tune as he was used to tuning our Zx6r race bikes, and this is the first street bike he has tuned for me.    Canít talk on difference in power as I havenít had a nice dry day to ride it since last week.