Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best tires for straight line riding  (Read 1552 times)

Offline JohnCW

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Sydney
Re: Best tires for straight line riding
Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 03:03:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Drak3n [+]
Here is the comparison between new and now, aprox 7500km difference.
Did not measure when new, but right now from the middle to the edge : 2,9mm - 4,0mm - 3,8mm. New should be 7,1 - 4,7 - 3,8 ? Idk, but there is still enough rubber for safe riding, its just not as sporty as before, have to use little bit more leverage :) Imho, i tried hard riding before and i belive, RA3s are capable of riding on track and have great grip during rain (did ride during storm.) I dont think, that you can go wrong with any premium brand sport-touring tyres today, all of them are far better then Z900 and our riding skills :P The torque will square any kind of tyre, its just price for having more power.

Looks like they are wearing well.  That's been my experience also. 

Even thought the RA3 are a single compound (apparently hardened in the center during the manufacturing process) mine have squared off significantly less than the multiple compound tires I've recently used e.g. Roadtec 01's, Angle GT's, and Z8's.   This hardening the center seems to be more than just marketing spin, which was my first thought when I read it.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Re: Best tires for straight line riding
Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 07:27:58 AM
I have the PR5's as well, they have dual compound, hard centre and soft edges, I don't think I'm gunna get 20,000klm out of them but I have done about 10,000 on them and they have heaps left on them.
Or you could go darkside and put a car tyre on it.  :015: