Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stop the lie  (Read 294 times)

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Bham
Stop the lie
« on: June 10, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
Please watch this video, very important message! #ridesober

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Stop the lie
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 06:52:00 PM »
That's a great video. I won't have so much as a single beer when I ride. If I ride with guys to a weekend destination I won't consider having a drink until the bike is put away for the night.
The trouble is, even a couple of beers or shots, though you may not appear buzzed, it takes away some inhibitions that keep you sharp and aware of your surroundings while riding. You can control the bike just fine but you ride stupid.
Even a mild buzz is bad on a bike. Many do it and I often wonder how.

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 07:08:59 PM »
Completely agree! Mixing the two is just asking for trouble. Even though I've developed a high tolerance over the years (high gravity beer fan) I still won't touch the stuff until done riding for the day. I want to be as sharp as possible when riding especially with all the distracted drivers on the road these days!

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
Bumping for additional visibility. Some great comments about the video on YouTube as well (ex. after starting the video above click "YouTube" in the lower right). I especially like this one, "I bought a motorcycle to RIDE, not to park in front of some bar!".  :169: