Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: DB killer?  (Read 153 times)

Offline novak6991

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
DB killer?
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:54:53 AM »
I have a Leo Vince LV10 slip on with Delkevic headers. Has anyone tried using one of those 51mm DB killers off amazon/ebay to try to dampen the sound a bit? They are fairly cheap and pretty much plug and play. Was going to give it a go but was wondering if anyone has tried one and recommend a certain one? Thanks.

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
Re: DB killer?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 07:06:08 AM »
I have a similar set up to yours but with an Akra ASZT can.  Any of those I looked at fitted into the can at the link pipe end.  The Akra has a bend there so it was a no go.  I thought of turning it round but the Delkevic link pipe has a bend in it as well.  I also emailed Delkevic and they told me the outer diameter at the silencer is 50.80mm so it won't go in there.  The inner diameter at the headers is 51.50mm so it might fit in there but will it still serve it's function?
I'd be very interested to hear if anybody has a solution as well.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.