Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Review: Nitron TVT fork / NTR R1 shock upgrade  (Read 1947 times)

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
Re: Review: Nitron TVT fork / NTR R1 shock upgrade
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 04:44:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
So are you saying that you have set the front to 40mm rider sag and the rear to 40mm rider sag?
Basically I shouldn't be setting preload based upon sag settings for the front end if there is a long top out spring. Instead I should trust the chosen spring rate to be correct for my riding, and adjust preload according to how much travel is being used for my riding style (i.e. zip tie on the stanchion). This should be in the ballpark of 8-18mm installed spring preload.

It gets complicated and Dave Moss etc go into this in his resources.  Long top out springs can increase the sag readings, and if you try and crank it out with preload you're basically fighting against this spring and potentially creating harshness / traction loss on acceleration. The stock cartridge runs a short top-out spring (see @stroh forum post for pics) so you can probably use the traditional 30% travel method there as starting point.

I'm happy to stand corrected by more knowledgeable people like Matt etc.

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Member
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »
@ KellyL - I am a local here in Melbourne. I spoke to "Suspensions R Us" after reaching out to them on the internet on the weekend. They responded straight away and they are knowledgeable and brilliant at building a genuine relationship. I think I spent about 1 hour simply educating myself about shocks and shaping my thoughts around investing in the R1 or R2.  Today, I jumped online, read reviews and after reading your similar experience with this company I locked in my purchase on a R2 Nitron..  Very informative article you shared. Thank you!

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 11:24:46 AM »
@mickyk82 I'm glad to hear that my information has been helpful. Adam and Izzy are great guys, and very professional. Enjoy your NTR R2 shock when it arrives!

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Member
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »
Here is my review of the TVT Fork Cartridges and R2 Nitron titanium shocks that are now in with an extra 1000ks.

First Impressions - Wow, an instant boost of confidence in cornering and speed with comfort and trust in the bikes extended ability.

After a long ride and 1 full turn back the ride was tweaked to perfection.

Great quality shock and worth the investment in a new riding experience.

suspensions r us' - commendable customer service!