Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel additives, do you use any ?!  (Read 411 times)

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Fuel additives, do you use any ?!
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:15:58 AM »
Hello .. I just watched a couple of good videos about cheap gas vs expensive  gas .. Here in Denmark I have the choice of fuel with 95 oktan lead free vs 100 oktan lead free, the bikes manual just states that the bike needs minimum 95 oktan fuel, I have been using 100 oktan fuel for quite some time and I feel that the bike runs better, but I dont trust myself 100% on "feel" it may just be imaginary since I want it to be that way  :027: (The power of make believe) ... many of these videos that tested fuel talked about "fuel additives" ... The only additives I use is when the bike is set for winther storage, I then use a fuel stabilizer so the fuel dont go bad when it just sits there ... but is it worth checking out fuel additives to make the bike run as good as it can? ... I believe in taking care of the bike, also the reason why I use 100 oktan fuel since it states to clean the engine and run it better ...
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
Re: Fuel additives, do you use any ?!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
Once or twice a year I add a little "fuel injector cleaner" to my bikes and my car. I've used different brands: Lucas, STP, Gumout...they all seem to do the same thing.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Re: Fuel additives, do you use any ?!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
I drop a 1/4 splash of Berryman's B12 in the Wife's Ninja (FI), rest of the bottle goes to my other ZRX (carbed). 
Seems to help the ZRX run better after sitting all Winter (drained the bowls, fill both w/ 91 non ethanol fuel).
Couple rides, they're fine.

Many different brands out there, basically all "try" to do the same thing.
"snake oils" my buddy with the Honda Goldwing calls them.   
"The ride is the reason"