Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: fold in/up mirrors? (not bar end)  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Whatts

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: fold in/up mirrors? (not bar end)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
The way I have them set up now I see my lower arm in about half the mirror, a quick "elbow in" swing gives a full view directly behind (and moving my head around of course extends my view).
That's about the same as with the OEM mirrors, except these have a wider view.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 09:12:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
I had a set passed on from Rockman, installed and moved them 25 different ways/ angles but still couldn't see past my shoulders being to narrow so back to stock and more adjustments, better now.
Currently en route to Zed9 in MA for him to try.

Community mirrors  :028:
I rode with them today. They are very clear with no vibration at any RPM on the highway. For me, I have them adjusted so that I see my forearms a bit on the inside corners. The view behind is good though the glass in these are about 25-30% of the OEM mirrors. The OEM mirrors are huge by comparison.

The outside measurement is a lot less than the stock mirrors. But they are more adjustable so maybe that's why the good view behind. They also sit lower.

The tip to tip measurement on the aftermarket mirrors are 33 1/2 inches (85cm).
I didn't measure what the OEM mirrors overall width but holding them near the mounts I'd estimate 39+ inches (100cm).
These aftermarket mirrors are much narrower and better built than the OEM.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 12:24:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I rode with them today. They are very clear with no vibration at any RPM on the highway. For me, I have them adjusted so that I see my forearms a bit on the inside corners. The view behind is good though the glass in these are about 25-30% of the OEM mirrors. The OEM mirrors are huge by comparison.

The outside measurement is a lot less than the stock mirrors. But they are more adjustable so maybe that's why the good view behind. They also sit lower.

The tip to tip measurement on the aftermarket mirrors are 33 1/2 inches (85cm).
I didn't measure what the OEM mirrors overall width but holding them near the mounts I'd estimate 39+ inches (100cm).
These aftermarket mirrors are much narrower and better built than the OEM.

Good to hear they got there in 1 piece + work for ya'.
They were just to small for me, where my Wife rides I couldn't see her at all.
Enjoy.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 03:00:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]

Good to hear they got there in 1 piece + work for ya'.
They were just to small for me, where my Wife rides I couldn't see her at all.
Enjoy.
One of the 10mm bolts was a left thread. So I had to use it in conjunction with a piece from the OEM mirrors. No biggie, I'll just pick up another bolt. Except I couldn't find a 10mm 1.25 thread pitch. I could only find a 1.50.
But I had a flange head brake caliper banjo bolt which was the right length and a 10mm 1.25 tp. But it had a 12 mm hex head so it wouldn't fit into the mirror bracket.
So what I did was hand file the 12mm hex head down to a 10mm hex head and I reduced the flange to fit. Beautiful.  :152:

But get this..I screwed the bolt into the brake clamp hole to check the fit and as I removed it I dropped it into the front of the bike.  :157:
What happened next for hours was me looking for it with a flashlight and inspection mirror and an extension magnet. No luck. I had the whole front of the bike apart looking for the dang thing and couldn't find it, no how, no way. It wasn't on the floor.

Finally, the next day I was more methodical in the search. Even though I had checked around the front brake calipers the night before I finally found it lying on the front wheel hub stuck in the brake rotor. Twenty minutes filing the bolt, three hours looking for it. :138:

Anyways, thanks for the mirrors. I sent you reimbursement for the shipping though you told me not to bother.  :821:

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
That must've been the reason for one bolt being wonky then, simple things always go array.
I wasn't worried on the postage. 
"The ride is the reason"