Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I Just Had One Of "Those" Days.  (Read 608 times)

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Re: I Just Had One Of "Those" Days.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
+1 here

When i feel like i dont control nor bike, neither road situation, i get slow and accurate.

One golden rule for me: no riding next day if you got some alcohol evening before or if you went sleep too late.

Offline TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 05:44:19 PM »
Yes, this happens to me on the very rare occasion. I end up getting home feeling so stupid and disappointed in myself....Then the next day I ride and everything is back to normal. It's a terrible feeling but I've learned that when that's happening, to just chill and take it easy for the rest of the ride and come back to it with a clear head on another day.

Sorry it happened but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
+1 here

When i feel like i dont control nor bike, neither road situation, i get slow and accurate.

One golden rule for me: no riding next day if you got some alcohol evening before or if you went sleep too late.
That's a good rule.  :028: And the older you get you better give yourself two days.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 06:22:17 AM »
Yeah, but ive learned this after 2 accidents.... quite painful and expensive lessons...

Online porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 01:21:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
+1 here

I'd never get a ride in at our annual ZRX rally then.
Kill the liver for a week and rest the body up for 2 afterwards....
"The ride is the reason"

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
I'd never get a ride in at our annual ZRX rally then.
Kill the liver for a week and rest the body up for 2 afterwards....
I was at a Eureka Springs rally. So after a ride and the bikes were put up the guys were sitting in front of the hotel drinking beers. So I walked to the packy and bought a case of beer and put the beers in the community ice barrel. Then I went to my room for a quick shower. Ten minutes later I come out and wouldn't ya know, the quality beer I bought was already gone so I had to drink the dregs left laying at the bottom. Sheesh.

Online porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 04:00:14 PM »
HaHa, classic!
When KOTF was 20 minutes away from me or down in Cortland a couple times, I always brought my buddy's 4 place snowmobile trailer.
It was transformed into a poor man's toy box for the week- I'd put carpeting on the floor, apt sized fridge, 2 box fans, Wife & I slept on a folding futon / 5" mattress, bunch of lights, gas grill, 5 gallon pee bucket for those drunken nights LOL.  Either a generator or site power to it and set up shop.
The base camp for many years of rallys, our area would have like 8 EZ ups around, folding chairs and other picnic tables from who knows sites on it. Couple shitty ones got used as firewood one year, ya' can't camp without bringing a hatchet...
I'd pre make a few of gallons of kamikaze for through out the week (guys always brought the supplies for more), apple pie + lemon drop moonshine and at least a case of beer.
Nobody goes thirsty at KOTF   :063:

Unfortunately this year as of now I won't be attending, first one since the inception  :006:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:01:48 PM by porkchop »
"The ride is the reason"

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 12:33:51 PM »
+1

Offline VIC8BALL

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Alexandria
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 02:11:25 PM »
Well, today, I had the exact opposite...I normally have a 30-35 minute commute to work.  This morning, 18 minutes...everything in the universe was aligned, traffic was normal but perfectly spaced for a bike to zip in and out, didnt catch a single traffic light, no sudden braking by cars or sudden lane changes and I felt completely focused and relaxed on the bike.  I almost called into work to say I was not coming in and was gonna head straight for some twisties...what a great way to start my day...then...I walked into work  :172: and realized that was gonna be the only perfect part of my day.

VIC

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 03:30:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by VIC8BALL [+]
Well, today, I had the exact opposite...I normally have a 30-35 minute commute to work.  This morning, 18 minutes...everything in the universe was aligned, traffic was normal but perfectly spaced for a bike to zip in and out, didnt catch a single traffic light, no sudden braking by cars or sudden lane changes and I felt completely focused and relaxed on the bike.  I almost called into work to say I was not coming in and was gonna head straight for some twisties...what a great way to start my day...then...I walked into work  :172: and realized that was gonna be the only perfect part of my day.

VIC
I had about the same commute to work. About 30 minutes. All city from my house to the job. I used my 250 Honda Helix scooter. I found it was far superior for commuting than a motorcycle. Just twist and go. It has a trunk and good weather protection. Plus cops don't pay attention to scooters and I rode it like a madman. Much quicker in traffic than the motorcycle. Very nimble.

In fact I never have "one of those days" on it. It's easy to ride.