Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: looking for rear shock like......  (Read 398 times)

Offline quantum

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • fine, i admit it, i'm a squid
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Navarre FL
looking for rear shock like......
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:09:11 AM »
this:

does anyone know where i can find the nitron or ohlins or other shock with the remote reservoir as shown above?

the only think i can find in the US are the 2 K-Tech versions.

thanks in advance
i squid because i care

IG: @moar_beard

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: looking for rear shock like......
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 05:20:50 AM »
Being doing a fair bit of looking into shocks recently and Ive decided to go with the Wilbers 641. Theres a thread on it with pictures if you want to have a look. That shock has got a reservoir, but its attached via a braided hose, rather than the piggyback style that youve posted above. If youre set on a piggyback style shock, after speaking to several manufacturers, I found out that the fitting for the their shocks are exactly the same for the Z900 and the Z900RS. With Nitron, the only difference being that the NTR2 shock they sell has got a reservoir on a hose for the Z900 but its piggyback style for the Z900RS. So if you were to order the NTR2 for the Z900RS, it will have the same stroke length, fittings etc, but be the piggyback style youre after. Id question if theres a reason they didnt make it that way for our particular bike though.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline quantum

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:30:00 PM »
emailed Nitron and asked what the difference was between the R1 and R2 shock from a road-use perspective

their response:

"R1 is rebound only, R2 has both compression and rebound adjustments- you can dial it in better"
i squid because i care

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 11:47:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by quantum [+]
emailed Nitron and asked what the difference was between the R1 and R2 shock from a road-use perspective

their response:

"R1 is rebound only, R2 has both compression and rebound adjustments- you can dial it in better"

And the difference between the R2 and the R3 is that low and high speed compression damping are separate, rather than combined, for even greater control. If youre looking for compression damping, but youre not fussed about separate low and high speed, have a look at the K-Tech Razor R shock. If you want the separate low and high speed adjustment, the Wilbers shock I bought with the optional height adjuster is the same level of shock as the Nitron R3 but for the price of the R2 :028:
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline quantum

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 11:52:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
And the difference between the R2 and the R3 is that low and high speed compression damping are separate, rather than combined, for even greater control. If youre looking for compression damping, but youre not fussed about separate low and high speed, have a look at the K-Tech Razor R shock. If you want the separate low and high speed adjustment, the Wilbers shock I bought with the optional height adjuster is the same level of shock as the Nitron R3 but for the price of the R2 :028:
can we get wilbers in the US?
i squid because i care

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
Pretty sure you can. The 641 shock I got for my bike isnt made for the Z900 though, they only sell it for the Z900RS. I spoke to Wilbers, Nitron and K-Tech to confirm that theres no differences in the shocks they make for the 2 bikes, so I just had to order the shock for a 2018 Z900RS to fit my 2017 Z900 lol.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 12:13:58 AM »
And me being me, I also checked the weight difference between the 2 bikes. Its less than a 1/4 of a tank of fuel, so not going to have an effect.