Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: looking for rear shock like......  (Read 156 times)

Offline quantum

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • 63.1% on the squidometer
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: North of DFW
looking for rear shock like......
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:09:11 AM »
this:

does anyone know where i can find the nitron or ohlins or other shock with the remote reservoir as shown above?

the only think i can find in the US are the 2 K-Tech versions.

thanks in advance
who are you to tell me i can't smoke a cigar and eat a cheeseburger while texting on my motorcycle?!?!?!?

IG: @moar_beard

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: looking for rear shock like......
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 05:20:50 AM »
Being doing a fair bit of looking into shocks recently and Ive decided to go with the Wilbers 641. Theres a thread on it with pictures if you want to have a look. That shock has got a reservoir, but its attached via a braided hose, rather than the piggyback style that youve posted above. If youre set on a piggyback style shock, after speaking to several manufacturers, I found out that the fitting for the their shocks are exactly the same for the Z900 and the Z900RS. With Nitron, the only difference being that the NTR2 shock they sell has got a reservoir on a hose for the Z900 but its piggyback style for the Z900RS. So if you were to order the NTR2 for the Z900RS, it will have the same stroke length, fittings etc, but be the piggyback style youre after. Id question if theres a reason they didnt make it that way for our particular bike though.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!