Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power commander auto tune  (Read 196 times)

Offline Wolfedog

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Port huron
Power commander auto tune
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:57 AM »
RSN I値l be getting a full system Akrapovic header and can.  I also will be using a power commander and uploading the map from their web site.  I知 thinking I値l be skipping the auto tune.  Just wondering if anyone has experience with the auto tune.  I live in Michigan, so it痴 not like I値l be ridding up into the mountains on the weekends.  I知 thinking the base map should be fine.  I guess to me it seems like the auto tune would only be worth its price if I were changing my riding conditions on a regular basis.  Next year my son and I plan to go down and ride the tail of the dragon, but I知 betting I can get a good enough map for that some where on line.

So does anyone have and use one who is going to sell me on getting one?

Thanks

Craig

Offline kevinvan6000

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Thamesford
Re: Power commander auto tune
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:27:56 PM »
I have a power commander on my bike. I bought it before ECU reflashes were available. I'd strongly suggest considering the ECU flash route as they have more area's they can tweek the tune with over a base power commander, which can only alter fuel tables. If you are set on a power commander, I'd still skip the autotune and just run the base map, or have a shop build a custom tune on a dyno for it. I run the Akrapovic map in my PC with my full exhaust system and it runs well. These bikes run rich from the factory and you can run a full exhaust safely without requiring a tune.

Online bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Re: Power commander auto tune
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »
I had the PCV with autotune and it was just ok.  I got the ecu flash and it's a big difference, and the ecu flash is way cheaper.