Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Radar detector install  (Read 512 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Z900Arizona

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 102
  • Town / City: Phoenix
  • Country: us
Radar detector install
« on: July 11, 2019, 05:08:07 AM »
Radar detector install.  Has anyone installed one and How did you do it? Total newb here.

Valentine one and I have it mounted on ram mount. 

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »
What do you mean with "radar detector" ? is it for avoiding speeding tickets ? ... I have my tomtom rider 550 that makes warnings and also have a saphe installed in my helmet to give warnings :)
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline Z900Arizona

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 102
  • Town / City: Phoenix
  • Country: us
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
What do you mean with "radar detector" ? is it for avoiding speeding tickets ? ... I have my tomtom rider 550 that makes warnings and also have a saphe installed in my helmet to give warnings :)

?

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 10:02:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Z900Arizona [+]
?

?
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline porkchop

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 198
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
  • Country: us
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
What do you mean with "radar detector" ? is it for avoiding speeding tickets ? ... I have my tomtom rider 550 that makes warnings and also have a saphe installed in my helmet to give warnings :)

Yes, it alerts you a little bit ahead of time when police are using it.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 397
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
Yes, it alerts you a little bit ahead of time when police are using it.

Not legal in Canada.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: Radar detector install
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
It is legal here in Denmark.. im using a unit called "Saphe" .. it alerts me if there is a speed camera, accident or  something other to be aware of .. I also use my tomtom rider 550 that also have radar dection built in it so im quite safe .. only way  to get speed tickets are if police see me directly or im the first at a spot of a speed camera .. so chances are slim :D
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro