Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why I Take The Risk  (Read 458 times)

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
Why I Take The Risk
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:38:10 PM »
I saw this on another forum and thought it was great. Fits my thinking almost perfectly! What about you?

Ever since I rode my first bike, I've been told endless times "it's dangerous", "you'll get hurt", "we don't want nothing to happen", "it's not worth it", "you could DIE."
Trust me, I know. I guarantee I've thought about it more than anyone I've talked to that doesn't ride. If I do die riding someday (which I hope that day never comes,) know that I'm the happiest I could be, sweating like a pig or shivering from the cold air, butt is as sore as it could be, enjoying what I love and what it gives me.
Those really close to me know it's much more then getting on a machine and how much it means to me.
What lots of people don't know is that you make so many memories, go on so many adventures, how freeing it is, make new friends and one day sitting around with everyone, you'll have a moment where you think to yourself "Wow, never would I thought I'd gain another family out of this and love them as much as I love my own."
THE DREAM THAT MANY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND:
I bought a BIKE for a personal dream.
One day when I am very old and when I can not walk anymore, it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories.
I met people who taught me something and have the same spirit and I met others that I'm glad I forgot.
I got wet,
I felt cold,
And I felt warm,
I was afraid,
I fell,
And I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
But also, I laughed out loud inside the helmet.
I spoke a thousand times with myself.
I sang and shouted with joy like a madman,
And yes ... sometimes I cried.
I have seen wonderful places and lived unforgettable experiences.
I often made curves that even Valentino Rossi would be proud of other times I took curves full of terror.
I stopped a thousand times to see a landscape.
I spoke with perfect strangers, and I forgot people I see every day.
I went out with my demons inside and returned home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.
I always thought how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even when feeling fear.
Every time I go up to my machine I think about how wonderful it is.
I stopped talking to those who do not understand, (they just dont understand) and I learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
I spent money that I did not have, gave up many things, but all these things are not worth a moment without my BIKE
It is not a means of transport or a piece of iron with wheels, it is the lost part of my soul and my spirit.
And when someone says to me: "You have to sell your BIKE and you have to be a more serious person", ... I do not answer. I just turn my head and smile,
Walking on, to my BIKE..... only the person who loves them understands it.
May God bless my friends and their choice of great people!
And the adventure continues

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Re: Why I Take The Risk
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:32:26 PM »
Cool,  I love what you wrote and I feel the same way!  Well written and I believe everyone will agree!
Alabama 47

Online TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »
I love this! One of the only things I hate about being a rider is how we have to NONSTOP hear about it from other people.

RIDE TO LIVE.

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »
I particularly enjoy the fuckwits who tell you 'l know somebody who was killed on a motorbike'

'Really?  I know loads of people who were killed in a motorbike.'
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:30:08 PM »
 "How much? You could have bought a car!"
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.