Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new guy  (Read 457 times)

Offline rezzrider

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: DE PERE
new guy
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:30:07 AM »
Just bought the Z a week ago.. have almost 600 miles on. Can't get in for the first oil change till next week. So have not been riding her.  Bought the Kawasaki performance pack but have not installed yet. I had bought the z650 2 years ago. Was in for an oil change and asked sales person how much for the 900. Was a good deal and since I loved the 650.. the 900 had to be even better So I pulled the trigger. Not disappointed at all. Its great to find a community like this. Its a awesome resource from people that have the passion. Thanks to all contributors.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 02:02:16 PM »
The Z900 is a very nice bike and this is a great forum and I agree Im glad its here to come to and learn stuff about the Z900. 
Alabama 47

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by rezzrider [+]
Just bought the Z a week ago.. have almost 600 miles on. Can't get in for the first oil change till next week. So have not been riding her.  Bought the Kawasaki performance pack but have not installed yet. I had bought the z650 2 years ago. Was in for an oil change and asked sales person how much for the 900. Was a good deal and since I loved the 650.. the 900 had to be even better So I pulled the trigger. Not disappointed at all. Its great to find a community like this. Its a awesome resource from people that have the passion. Thanks to all contributors.

Welcome.
Do the oil change yourself, voids no warranty... Keep riding.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »
Welcome. You did the right thing. :028:
Change the oil and filter yourself and keep the receipt until your warranty period runs out.

Offline rezzrider

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: DE PERE
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 10:23:54 PM »
Wondering what if any other bikes you test drove before buying your Z

Online TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

The main other bike I considered (and really wanted to like) was the Yamaha XSR900. It has the MT09 platform but retro based styling. I liked the styling more than the Z, until I sat on it. The tank on the XSR felt just a tad too wide, to where I was uncomfortable trying to grip the bike with my legs and felt like I needed to ride with my knees way out in the open. It's also a bike where you feel like you're riding way on top of the motorcycle. I loved the way I really sit into the Z, just feels like the bike was built to fit me just right.

The engine was incredible on the XSR but doesn't have the smoothness and control of the Z. To have this much power at a twist of the throttle yet still always be so smooth, really impresses me...I haven't ridden anything that compares...Got to ride  3 Ducati's last weekend and they honestly just made me love my Z900 more.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:07:57 PM by TricksOfTheTrey »

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by TricksOfTheTrey [+]
Welcome to the forum!

The main other bike I considered (and really wanted to like) was the Yamaha XSR900. It has the MT09 platform but retro based styling. I liked the styling more than the Z, until I sat on it. The tank on the XSR felt just a tad too wide, to where I was uncomfortable trying to grip the bike with my legs and felt like I needed to ride with my knees way out in the open. It's also a bike where you feel like you're riding way on top of the motorcycle. I loved the way I really sit into the Z, just feels like the bike was built to fit me just right.

The engine was incredible on the XSR but doesn't have the smoothness and control of the Z. To have this much power at a twist of the throttle yet still always be so smooth, really impresses me...I haven't ridden anything that compares...Got to ride  3 Ducati's last weekend and they honestly just made me love my Z900 more.
The Z is way underestimated IMO. I'm surprised it isn't more popular. I've only seen one in my area in the two years I've owned it.
It has plenty to satisfy anybody. I really didn't like the styling at first but now I think it's beautiful.
One bike I thought would make me want it is the new Katana. But all I see is a GSX S1000 with different expensive plastic.
Z900 for the win. 🍻

Online TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 10:14:19 PM »
Completely agree. I've never seen another Z900 on the road...which is part of what appealed to me.