Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Long Time Kawasaki Fan - First Supernaked.  (Read 1415 times)

Offline adam

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Florida
Long Time Kawasaki Fan - First Supernaked.
on: July 29, 2019, 12:38:46 AM
What's up guys, my name is Adam, been riding for a long time and on the KawiForums for just as long.

Started riding 10 years ago with my first every bike, a 2008 Kawasaki 250R.

Rode it for around 7 or 8 months, learned a lot on that bike and I actually believe that a lot of my skill today comes from starting on that little 250. I'll buy another one to throw around a track one day. But, I decided to trade her in for a 2006 ZX6R one day, feeling like it was time to step up. Boy, was that thing fast, or at least I thought.

I had this bike for what I think is my longest of my big bikes. Rode it for around 2 years before getting rid of it to focus on my car a little bit more. I had sold it and built a pretty fun car, but went without motorcycles for around a year or so. Decided to pickup a Honda Grom right as the craze was beginning and learned how to do wheelies, balance point and just understand that side of the motorcycle world. I later sold it and bought the first Z125 in my town (Jacksonville, FL at the time - so quite a lot of people). But, with Kawasaki getting into the mini game, I had to rep my favorite brand.

During all this, I went out and bought a 2007 Kawasaki ZX10R, which was basically a missile on two wheels. I learned a lot with this bike, kept it for close to two years, selling it as I became afraid of the clutch basket issues, and only rode around on my Grom (at the time) for awhile.

Some time goes by, I couldn't stay off of a bike so I got the first good deal that popped up around me. A widowmaker 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R. It made power, too. Dyno'd at 172WHP and with that small wheelbase, I'm sure you can guess how much fun that girl was to ride. Had a blast, went really fast, started having electrical issues - sold it. My challenger for my #1 favorite bike so far.

As far as sportbikes go - I haven't owned any others before the Z900. I've owned two Honda Shadows which I've chopped up and sold, as well as two Harley Sportster 1200's - same story. Bought my wife a Z125, as well - so our garage is just full of Z's.

Now, that's a great long ass story, sorry for boring you guys to death. Recently, my best, long-time riding buddy (we've always matched motorcycles since the beginning) - we decided we wanted to get back into the motorcycle game, on something brand new, but not too expensive. We went to our local dealership two days ago and haggled for two 2019 Z900's for $8300 OTD, each. And I have to say, for my first "naked" sportbike - this thing is #### mad.

Goes plenty fast, brings up the front wheel so easily, best large bike I've ever had the joy of wheelying. It's impossible for me to keep it down on two on this, haha. Faster than a 600 and will run a 1000 until they hit power, all while getting ~40MPG and feeling like I'm riding on a cloud. Kawasaki did it right on these bikes, I don't know why it took me so long to get one. I think there couldn't have been a better time though, as I feel I am old enough to truly respect motorcyles for the beautiful machines that they are - and this bike hits all those perfect spots. I'll definitely be getting another ZX10R someday, but for now - this bike is going to last me quite a long time. I've already gone ahead and slapped on the $8 exhaust mod, still need to slash cut and paint it though! My buddy (who bought the other one) did just find a header for ~$400 which looks pretty solid, so I'll probably be switching to a real exhaust soon enough.

But, looking forward to being a part of this community! Definitely going to be doing some mods to her, with the first one probably being a color change. After that, I'm gonna dive into that yummy TDM market and see what fun stuff we can find.

Stay safe guys, thank you for reading. :)
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:43:00 AM by adam

Offline RR

• Z900 Pro
Re: Long Time Kawasaki Fan - First Supernaked.
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 02:59:03 AM
Intriguing biography! Welcome aboard! :)

Offline Ride2Live

• Z900 Pro
  • Some live to ride, I ride to live.
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Toledo, Ohio
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 02:36:57 PM
 :400:

As RR said, nice bio write up.

If you're considering a color change, are you talking full on re-paint or just a wrap? I know there are a few topics some folks on here have made that have wrapped their rides (quite nicely at that!).

Glad to hear you're enjoying it thus far, you got that 2019 for a GREAT deal at $8,400 (assuming you got a little break, from you and your buddy buying one each?).

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 03:03:07 PM
Welcome. Great write up, not boring and there were pictures.  :028:
I can't see me ever riding or owning a sport bike again. The Z is comfortable and fast enough for anything you do on the street.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 07:39:50 AM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Welcome. Great write up, not boring and there were pictures.  :028:
I can't see me ever riding or owning a sport bike again. The Z is comfortable and fast enough for anything you do on the street.
. I agree!
Alabama 47