Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyres  (Read 397 times)

Offline waddy24

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900 green
  • Town / City: southport
Tyres
« on: July 31, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »
there are many tyres listed previously in the forum, but have we got to the point of knowing which tyres are the best for the Z900 ?

Offline Drak3n

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »
Depends on the riding style. Anything from premium brands in sport touring to sport segment should be fine.(Road Attack, Angel GT, Rosso 3, S22 and so on.. ). I would bet, that random aftermarket tyre will be better, than factory ones :)

Offline RidinNOVA

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: NOVA
Re: Tyres
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:07:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by waddy24 [+]
there are many tyres listed previously in the forum, but have we got to the point of knowing which tyres are the best for the Z900 ?

So, my go to sport touring tires are Metzeler Z6. I have used those for years and they are great commuting tires since I ride year round, rain, shine, and down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. I put about 11k on a set after I wore through the stock tires. They've always performed well in all conditions and I ride very sporty/quick. Never had any issues carving up back roads on them either.

For the last 2.5k miles I've had on Bridgestone S22's and they are absolutely phenomenal. The level of grip and stability in this tire is absolutely amazing and it really shines when you're pushing the bike hard through twisties. These are by far my favorite tires I've used up until this point. These would serve as fantastic dual purpose track day tires and fast sport riding on the roads. Not sure how they'll hold up mileage wise, but so far so good.