Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Retro-fitting HID projectors  (Read 2888 times)

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Retro-fitting HID projectors
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »
It looks really nice!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2019, 08:57:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by ksimon [+]
Just got done installing the Projector kit. Install isn't bad at all just hiding all the wiring was kind of terrible. I am working on a video of the install and demo of a night ride.

Got to say, when Ive looked at these in the past, the whole demon eye colour feature hasnt grabbed me, but this photo has made me think differently. Maybe you can answer a couple of the questions I posed earlier? Can the headlight aim be adjusted once the kit is fitted? Also, if its not too much trouble, could you post a couple of pics of the lights without them turned on. One from the front, another from the side with the handlebars turned away so I can see the back of the headlight unit and the amount of wiring etc. that needs hiding? Thanks in advance :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online ksimon

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: TALLAHASSEE
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Got to say, when Ive looked at these in the past, the whole demon eye colour feature hasnt grabbed me, but this photo has made me think differently. Maybe you can answer a couple of the questions I posed earlier? Can the headlight aim be adjusted once the kit is fitted? Also, if its not too much trouble, could you post a couple of pics of the lights without them turned on. One from the front, another from the side with the handlebars turned away so I can see the back of the headlight unit and the amount of wiring etc. that needs hiding? Thanks in advance :028:

Yes you aim them just if they were stock.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2019, 11:03:05 PM »
Thanks for the photos. Obviously theres a shed load of extra wires/ballasts to hide, but doesnt look noticeable in the photos. How do you think theyll hold up to the weather? What I mean to say is are they completely weathertight as I ride year round.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online ksimon

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: TALLAHASSEE
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Thanks for the photos. Obviously theres a shed load of extra wires/ballasts to hide, but doesnt look noticeable in the photos. How do you think theyll hold up to the weather? What I mean to say is are they completely weathertight as I ride year round.

That is a good question, all the wiring has water proof connections so I would think it would be ok. I need to get different boots for the back of the headlight stock ones are not deep enough.