Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Pillion (passenger) only - v. comfortable after market seat  (Read 173 times)

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Hi fellow Z's

I am trying to find a rear passenger seat (Z900) that's comfortable, stylish, quality made and highly regarded.

i have a high seat (great investment) and installing adjustable rear shocks (R2 Nitrons) so i can take my girlfriend on some out of town road trips.

Any recommendations apart from from the obvious of divorcing the gf from the bike.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Rear Pillion (passenger) only - v. comfortable after market seat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »
Only company that sells a rear seat that actually offers improved comfort is Corbin (its been discussed a lot in the past). Almost all others are just a fancy cover.

Because you are down unda, I would suggest you take this to a custom car interior shop. The rear, is a simple job compared to front.

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Re: Rear Pillion (passenger) only - v. comfortable after market seat
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Only company that sells a rear seat that actually offers improved comfort is Corbin (its been discussed a lot in the past). Almost all others are just a fancy cover.

Because you are down unda, I would suggest you take this to a custom car interior shop. The rear, is a simple job compared to front.

I have taken your advise with the custom car upholstery and actually made a design myself. Ill see how it goes . In my mind the Corbin looks basic and pricey.