Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: $1 Dollar Brake Mod  (Read 874 times)

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: $1 Dollar Brake Mod
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 08:55:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
LOL. I believe Ras is going to be posting my picture. He has helped this wannabe Luddite before.  :028:

that goes both ways

Offline sutefunu

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
or you can just use the space for a throttle lock -  2 in 1 stuff...

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
that goes both ways
Thank you Ras.  :028:
The two marks on the lever show where your finger starts on the lever with and without the 'spacer'.
I found that regardless of my intention of covering the brake lever further from its pivot point, my hand always migrated to the grip stop requiring a harder pull. Now it stays where I want it.  While riding I am totally unaware that there is anything on the grip.
I used Velcro but you can use anything you want. The throttle lock is a good idea.

No need to spend big bucks on a Brembo mc to get higher leverage.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 09:34:25 PM »
Im one of those that doesnt care what others think. I dont care what I look like sat on the bike, what I look like in my gear and what a mod looks like if its something I like or find helpful. I know what you mean about the extra leverage on the brake lever and I find that my hand naturally falls back to grabbing the lever closer to the pinch point too. Ive been trying to train myself to hold the bar further away but its like trying to break the habit of a lifetime. If it works for you bud, then thats all that matters :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 10:45:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Im one of those that doesnt care what others think. I dont care what I look like sat on the bike, what I look like in my gear and what a mod looks like if its something I like or find helpful. I know what you mean about the extra leverage on the brake lever and I find that my hand naturally falls back to grabbing the lever closer to the pinch point too. Ive been trying to train myself to hold the bar further away but its like trying to break the habit of a lifetime. If it works for you bud, then thats all that matters :028:
Try it. It'll work for you too.
Wrap it with electrical tape but eventually the tape will become a blobby mess.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »

Now it makes sense as to why I could not wrap my head around this. For what ever the reason I use my middle finger to brake. I always have and never really thought about it. Using this finger I naturally grab up higher on the lever .

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 07:08:33 PM »
Now it makes sense as to why I could not wrap my head around this. For what ever the reason I use my middle finger to brake. I always have and never really thought about it. Using this finger I naturally grab up higher on the lever .
That works. Also I've seen people cover the lever with the middle finger and ring finger and pinky.
I'm going to try this on my other bike as well but it's brakes are more powerful.
I once had a Triumph Speed Four which had the most powerful brakes I've ever had on a bike. They spoiled me, true one finger braking. Just touch the lever and you stopped.

Offline ZROD

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Bangalore
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 02:25:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
Amazing what an extra inch can do

Thats what she said..  :745:
2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
I had the Z out yesterday. I'm really impressed with the front brakes now owing in part to the new pads and also the fact that the spacer holds my hand to a point where there is greater leverage on the lever. 😍
My next mod will be braided lines, possibly this winter when I bleed the brakes.