Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Electronic cruise control  (Read 546 times)

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: the red one
  • Town / City: N IL
Electronic cruise control
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:05:16 PM »
I'm thinking about ordering this kit... https://www.amazon.com/MotoGroup-Universal-Vacuum-Cruise-Control/dp/B004J0PCWS

Although it says "vacuum" the ad says it comes with a magnetic pickup and you dont need a VSS signal from the bike. Just aft of the shock up underneath seems to be a decent amount of space for the servo.

There are a couple of reviews from people saying they put the kit on their bikes and it seems like this kit is a copy of an Audiovox unit that some other riders have delt with..

Any ideas?

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: Electronic cruise control
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:11:56 AM »
So i got the kit and have been messing around with it. I haven't messed with the wiring yet but it looks pretty straight forward. I need to look into getting the signal from the bike or use the magnet.

The servo was a bit bigger than i was expecting and in the first picture it looks like it hitting the shock, its not its above it, but with some though it fit up under the seat and use a stock bolt hole. routing the cable was pretty straight forward. connecting the cc servo's cable to the TB pulley took me awhile to figure out. The kit came with so many adapters it took me awhile to get to this solution.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:21:31 AM by rockman »

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 03:35:29 PM »
Well it's all put back together... I 3d printed a bracket for the sensor and I quickly made a mount for the control buttons... it came out way smaller by accident lol

I'm about to go give it a test. Wish me luck

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »
Didn't work... :(

I think ill need a vacuum reservoir. I thought about this when I was waiting for the kit but when I got back I took the hose off the servo and it had suction but kinda weak and "pulse-y". I'll make something out of some pvc pipe tomorrow maybe.

It does work fine without it though lol

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 05:14:13 PM »
Not gonna lie... That looks dodgy as f@%*.  :033:

I never understood the need for cruise control. And I've owned a bike that had it as standard.
Been there & done the long road trips up and down motorways and honestly never needed or wanted it. Even the bike I owned that had it, I used it a couple of times for the novelty factor then never bothered again.

Maybe when i get older my busted up hands might change my mind  :034:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline NHRstein

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Orinda
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]

I never understood the need for cruise control. And I've owned a bike that had it as standard.
Been there & done the long road trips up and down motorways and honestly never needed or wanted it. Even the bike I owned that had it, I used it a couple of times for the novelty factor then never bothered again.

Maybe when i get older my busted up hands might change my mind  :034:

So the dodgy comment I can agree with. You may want to look into a throttle lock.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kaoko-throttle-lock-kawasaki-zx14r-z900-2012-2018

I have cruise control on my BMW and I use it every day on my way to work. I have a 50 mile commute and at the end of it there is a long straight fairly unused road. It is a bit relaxing to take my hands off the bars and cruise at the speed limit.

You Never See A Motorcycle Parked Outside Of A Psychiatrist's Office

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 08:37:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]

LOL I'd say the only thing that's actually not all that great is the connection to the bikes throttle pulley... the kit didnt have any nylon lock nuts only some of those star locking washers and thatll be getting changed out to a bolt

I'm pretty psyched to have CC though.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:41:38 PM »
Mine + Wife's $20 original plastic Go Cruise are still in operation, very simple concept.
We did 2200 miles in a week to Tennesee on a ZRX + Ninja 650, nice to get your hand off the bar for 5 minutes.

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html
"The ride is the reason"

Offline rockman

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 02:19:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
Mine + Wife's $20 original plastic Go Cruise are still in operation, very simple concept.
We did 2200 miles in a week to Tennesee on a ZRX + Ninja 650, nice to get your hand off the bar for 5 minutes.

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html

I wanted one of these and I was able to 3d print one out to try it out. unfortunately it really wouldn't fit on the foam over grips i have and then my hand is as wide as the grip. I haven't tried that twist lock but I have the bar end mirror there already.