Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sad day for the Z  (Read 962 times)

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Sad day for the Z
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »
If youíre planning on repairing it yourself and leaving it at that for the life of the tyre, Iíd be more inclined to use the stop and go repair kit rather than the sticky string repair, but thatís just my opinion.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: NWA
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
If youíre planning on repairing it yourself and leaving it at that for the life of the tyre, Iíd be more inclined to use the stop and go repair kit rather than the sticky string repair, but thatís just my opinion.

*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Use a sharp razor to cut the excess. Carry the kit on your bike. I've patched my buddies bikes as much as I have my own.  :028:

Here you guys go!! Look at the size of that dam nail 3 1/2 inches long😔😩 smh 😡 that idiot who dropped that nail off his truck should get his arse kicked in and I'll kick him a second arse hole, and my stoopid arse for running it over. Got the plug kit, and some tire sealant we'll see how it goes .

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by BroskiiX [+]
Here you guys go!! Look at the size of that dam nail 3 1/2 inches long😔😩 smh 😡 that idiot who dropped that nail off his truck should get his arse kicked in and I'll kick him a second arse hole, and my stoopid arse for running it over. Got the plug kit, and some tire sealant we'll see how it goes .

Hahaha, I know how you feel. That's a duplex nail.
They always seem to end up in the rear tire. My theory is you run it over and the front tire stands it up then the rear tire absorbs it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:55:19 PM by zed9 »

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 12:29:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Hahaha, I know how you feel. That's a duplex nail.
They always seem to end up in the rear tire. My theory is you run it over and the front tire stands it up then the rear tire absorbs it.

My theory is there is a secret group of nail gnomes, who hate bikers and go around the area placing nails and screws, so they can run them over and get flats, cause they know tires are expensive to replace 😆. That's my theory 🐸☕

Overall it's holding up pretty good, sprayed soap and water on the plug and no bubbling. Have taken it out for a test run and so far so good. We'll see how it does over night

Online zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 12:38:43 AM »
My theory is there is a secret group of nail gnomes, who hate bikers and go around the area placing nails and screws, so they can run them over and get flats, cause they know tires are expensive to replace 😆. That's my theory 🐸☕

Overall it's holding up pretty good, sprayed soap and water on the plug and no bubbling. Have taken it out for a test run and so far so good. We'll see how it does over night
Judging from your picture of the repair I would keep an eye on it. A lot of rubber erupted from that puncture. Make sure the tire doesn't bubble up at that point. A few of the cords in the tire may have been damaged.
As I stated earlier, I've fixed lots of tires with those string plugs but your tire had a decent arse ripped into it. Just keep an eye on it as you ride.

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 04:34:05 AM »
So far the plug has been working properly 😎💪💁 tire pressure has stayed the same. I'd say I've gone a heck of a good job lol for now,! I just jinxed myself 😈😭😭 lol

Online zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »
So far the plug has been working properly 😎💪💁 tire pressure has stayed the same. I'd say I've gone a heck of a good job lol for now,! I just jinxed myself 😈😭😭 lol
Nah, those things work. Some day when you change the tire you'll see the inside has mushroomed out and it won't go anywhere. They are not an exotic fix but they are an effective one.