Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Corbin seat factory color match  (Read 603 times)

Offline Sarge

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Corbin seat factory color match
« on: September 08, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »
I did a search and found no information regarding this question; what seat material/color offered by Corbin matches (closely) the factory seat (color, not texture)?

Does anyone have any guidance?  I wanted to check here before I call Corbin directly.

Ive been on many 5 hr plus rides and my ass starts getting to me towards the back end of the ride.  Im headed out for a three day ride in October and want to try the Corbin out, but I want it to closely match the OEM seat in color.  Any input appreciated.

v/r
Sarge

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Re: Corbin seat factory color match
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 04:50:05 AM »
A comfortable seat for the Z  Would be the holy grail!  I wish I had one!
Alabama 47

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »
If you go on their website, you can customise the seat to your liking. You should be able to see all the different colours/textures when customising your preference. Ive looked at these too and also spoke to them about the seat height. When you order, they ask for your height and you can state if you want it higher than stock, for example I want one thats about 60mm higher than stock but with a flatter profile rather than sloping towards the tank. Dont know if thats any help, but didnt know if youd tried the seat designer aspect of their website.

Also, colour has a u in it :745:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Color is American English :)

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]

So isn't  "TIRE"....... not tyre  :008:
"The ride is the reason"

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 12:42:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
So isn't  "TIRE"....... not tyre  :008:

You mean like TYRES for a vehicle or explaining the difference between real English and bastardised English is TIREsome :745:

*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]

Umm, so the language were both speaking is English then, and in the English language, colour has a U lol.

All jokes aside, please dont think Im being shitty with you, just winding you up for a laugh. Off to have some chips now - you know, the real kind of chips, not crisps :745:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Member
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 12:14:59 PM »
I designed my own seat matching front and rear aftermarket.. easy for me to duplicate if your wantiing a seat done

Offline Sarge

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Atlanta
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 11:22:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by mickyk82 [+]
I designed my own seat matching front and rear aftermarket.. easy for me to duplicate if your wantiing a seat done

Those seats look awesome!  That is a nice offer, but I ended up opting not to buy an aftermarket seat; instead, I purchased some Moto-Skiveez riding shorts.  They are sold here in the U.S. and are similar to padded cycling shorts, worn as underwear.  They are well made, and having spent 8 hrs in the saddle a few weekends ago, Id say they reduce seat discomfort by about 70%.  Ive since ordered two more pairs.