Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mt Washington Ride In  (Read 315 times)

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Mt Washington Ride In
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:58:06 PM »
Fall is just about here and there are spots Mountains that are  hinting at the color to come.
 Who is up for a White Mtn rde in   :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305:

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Mt Washington Ride In
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:36:21 PM »
Last week of september I have a few days off during the week! Do you only have the weekend off?

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Is What It Is
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 09:05:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Last week of september I have a few days off during the week! Do you only have the weekend off?

As long as I give myself a couple days to get ready ( I have nobody to cover me when gone )  I can take most whenever off.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 09:13:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
As long as I give myself a couple days to get ready ( I have nobody to cover me when gone )  I can take most whenever off.

Alright I'll pm you if the weather is nice!

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 04:47:20 PM »
We had a group of ZRX guys that would all get together and stay in Gorham, do the Mt Washington thing and a road called "Hurricane Mountain" + drink alot (bartender book challenge) at a bar J's right next door to the motel, that was a fun weekend 2 years in a row I went.  Was dubbed Kaws In The Clouds.
Rode out there the first year, saw a cow moose crossing the road (first ever), no helmets in town carrying a case of beer on the bike seat, pizza / wings + beers gathering in the circular driveway / parking lot.

2nd time buddy decided last minute to trailer out from Buffalo and crash at my place overnight + not wanting to ride all that way home in rain Sunday. I only had 1 HF wheel chock and ZRX + Wife's 650 Ninja on my 2 place open sled trailer, we made a "homemade" 2x4 chock for her bike and strapped 'em down, made it there and rode some Saturday till rain came later which made for a long night at the bar again.
Sunday morning strapped them all down same, and headed out- my buddy got turned around somewhere and we toured the White Mountains for an extra 3 hours....
Was on the Kangamangus highway somehow and going a bit faster than I should've been hitting bumps with a REALLY light aluminum trailer the Wife's bike falls over with a thud!  She was like "what was that"?  I looked in the rear view mirror to see 1 bike standing- sh#t!!!!  Got the truck stopped and there's her bike laying on it's side with the bars hanging off the trailer. Said some choice words, she's all pissed off and my buddy was like "hey those people over there panning for gold"?  (actually was in the creek) She wasn't thrilled with his joke.  He's bigger guy so basically threw  the 400 ish pound bike back up at me on the trailer.  The frame slider actually broke into the plywood but held it up, just scratched an upper plastic piece and the slider itself- next season we rode down to Tennessee and she covered it with a 129 dragon sticker.
I do have 2 HF chocks now.

The good + bad in New Hampshire, beautiful roads and scenery too so I'd go back.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Is What It Is
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
Hurricane Mtn is a blast on a supermoto style ride other than that  I still do it on the Z to just say I have lol. Too many bicyclist think they own that goat trail.. Albiet paved goat trail.
Not that long ago I came around a corner to find a guy pinned under his Harley, has been there for a bit. He was fine ...ego not sop much

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »
It was very bumpy on a fat pig ZRX, remember gates on it supposedly not plowed in the Winter.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Is What It Is
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
It was very bumpy on a fat pig ZRX, remember gates on it supposedly not plowed in the Winter.

I could imagine it was lol.
Correct it is only maintained on the ends not a through way in the winter

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Is What It Is
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
Fall is just about here and there are spots Mountains that are  hinting at the color to come.
 Who is up for a White Mtn rde in   :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305:

It is going to be a beautiful weekend so Sat I will be doing a 200 mile...ish loop up around