Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: No more Z900  (Read 1247 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 793
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
No more Z900
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:58:03 PM »
Traded it in today for a a Z1000 R Edition with Ohlins shock, Brembo brakes and Akra cans.
I got it home and my 11 year old son said,'What happened to your bike?'
When I told him I got a new one he said 'It's nowhere near as nice'. I took a good look at it and thought 'Yeah you're right'.  That candy lime green is such a beautiful colour.
To make matters worse it's got D214s on it.
Sitting here at the moment not feeling too happy with myself.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Online sutefunu

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
  • Country: bg
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 09:30:32 PM »
Don't worry. Not taking price into consideration the 1000 is a much better bike I think. Surprised that it comes with those Dunlops though. Can't imagine how they will be with a 140+ hp bike. Does it have electronic aids the new Z?

Offline ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3356
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:59:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]

Sitting here at the moment not feeling too happy with myself.

awesome bike ... I would trade with  you in a heart beat  :169: :169: :169:

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1288
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
Traded it in today for a a Z1000 R Edition with Ohlins shock, Brembo brakes and Akra cans.
I got it home and my 11 year old son said,'What happened to your bike?'
When I told him I got a new one he said 'It's nowhere near as nice'. I took a good look at it and thought 'Yeah you're right'.  That candy lime green is such a beautiful colour.
To make matters worse it's got D214s on it.
Sitting here at the moment not feeling too happy with myself.

 Sounds like ya lad got his brains from his mother.  :745:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 793
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
Feck Cazzy   I take your point but I hope you're wrong.
No electronic aids thankfully.
The ride quality is way better particularly the front. 
I put the standard shock and seat back on the 900 for trade in and the ride to the dealer brought home how truly awful they both were.
I'd been toying with the idea of an Andreani kit for the front  and also needed a new back tyre and a chain.
I called into the dealers on Saturday and he had the Z1000 at a really good price.  He said they have not announced any new colours for the 900 for 2020 so there may be big changes on the way.
It is one ugly turd compared to the 900.
I'm selling the Nitron shock, high seat and a few other things   I'll put them up in the for sale section in the next couple of days.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 793
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:13:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
Don't worry. Not taking price into consideration the 1000 is a much better bike I think. Surprised that it comes with those Dunlops though. Can't imagine how they will be with a 140+ hp bike. Does it have electronic aids the new Z?

I couldn't believe it myself.  I rode the thing home like a girl. The dealer commented on the rear S21r on the 900 being shagged and I told him I'd swap them over in a heartbeat.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1288
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
Feck Cazzy   I take your point but I hope you're wrong.
No electronic aids thankfully.
The ride quality is way better particularly the front. 
I put the standard shock and seat back on the 900 for trade in and the ride to the dealer brought home how truly awful they both were.
I'd been toying with the idea of an Andreani kit for the front  and also needed a new back tyre and a chain.
I called into the dealers on Saturday and he had the Z1000 at a really good price.  He said they have not announced any new colours for the 900 for 2020 so there may be big changes on the way.
It is one ugly turd compared to the 900.
I'm selling the Nitron shock, high seat and a few other things   I'll put them up in the for sale section in the next couple of days.

Gonna miss you mate. 😪
16 Sep 19: The day the humour died. 😭
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 793
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 09:02:17 AM »
Oh I might hang around like a bad smell.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Greyhairhoon

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 694
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
  • Country: au
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 10:46:58 AM »
Sorry to see ya go mate. Enjoy the new bike. I have a feeling there will be quite a few leaving here, selling their Z9, it's that time frame thing, what a couple of years and people start moving on.  :019:

Offline ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3356
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: No more Z900
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 10:58:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
I have a feeling there will be quite a few leaving here, selling their Z9, it's that time frame thing, what a couple of years and people start moving on.  :019:

I am staying for one more year  :099: