Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Supercharged Z  (Read 15510 times)

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Re: Supercharged Z
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »
 News of a "new" Z1000 Ninja.
 Maybe the engineering will filter down to the Z900? Euro 5 is coming.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/377127/2020-kawasaki-ninja-1000-carb-emissions/amp/
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
Give me an analog tach, digital speedo and a gear position and I will be happy.
The only people that matter is the media. All MC magazines and online places do is talk about this TFT vs. that TFT between brands. Kawasaki and Honda (till 2017) used LCD on their sportbikes and the media would throw shade.

BREAKING NEWS: Very fitting in todays world but MEDIA/NEWS agency's run things.

IMO: If you give us a TFT, make it large and graphically usable. As a matter of fact, give us a modular OLED's so it can be shaped other than a small rectangle and have the standard warning bulbs be constant lit edges. The technology is here and can be done to make it look exactly like a full analog or star wars type of display. Hell (and a pipe dream), make it open source and let us program it.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
The only people that matter is the media. All MC magazines and online places do is talk about this TFT vs. that TFT between brands. Kawasaki and Honda (till 2017) used LCD on their sportbikes and the media would throw shade.

BREAKING NEWS: Very fitting in todays world but MEDIA/NEWS agency's run things.

IMO: If you give us a TFT, make it large and graphically usable. As a matter of fact, give us a modular OLED's so it can be shaped other than a small rectangle and have the standard warning bulbs be constant lit edges. The technology is here and can be done to make it look exactly like a full analog or star wars type of display. Hell (and a pipe dream), make it open source and let us program it.
Yep, go big or go home. Or give us a nice analog set with gear indicator. 👍

Online Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by sutefunu [+]
With every leaked photo I'm getting less and less exited about the new Z. I hate small TFTs even if you can watch freaking YouTube on them. Give me an analog tach, digital speedo and a gear position and I will be happy.

:028:

Offline TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2019, 05:34:58 PM »
I like our simple dash. It's very easy to see in all conditions.

After recently riding Aprilia Tuono V4, Ducati Panigale V4, and Ducati SuperSport I'll pass on the TFT. So much distraction built in. Hard to glance down and only see the information you need. Also tons of things that take your eyes off the road...like a lean angle sensor, so cool in theory but to actually look at it while you are leaned over is a terrible idea. Just the fact that it's there makes you want to look, for example think about how often you look at the Z's gear indicator.

I'm still excited about this supercharged Z but don't expect it to be affordable.

Online stuartho

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Brisbane
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »
Z minus 40 hours and counting

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2019, 12:28:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by TricksOfTheTrey [+]
I like our simple dash. It's very easy to see in all conditions.

After recently riding Aprilia Tuono V4, Ducati Panigale V4, and Ducati SuperSport I'll pass on the TFT. So much distraction built in. Hard to glance down and only see the information you need. Also tons of things that take your eyes off the road...like a lean angle sensor, so cool in theory but to actually look at it while you are leaned over is a terrible idea. Just the fact that it's there makes you want to look, for example think about how often you look at the Z's gear indicator.

I'm still excited about this supercharged Z but don't expect it to be affordable.
I've been down on the z900 gauge but I'll admit that it's in some part because they put it also on lower spec models yet the 300 and 400 Ninjas got nicer clusters.
Our gauges actually tell you everything you need to know fairly easily. I'd rather it than a confusing low end TFT or LCD. The big plus about ours is the golden colored numbers. That's something at least.  :028:

Online Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2019, 01:57:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I've been down on the z900 gauge but I'll admit that it's in some part because they put it also on lower spec models yet the 300 and 400 Ninjas got nicer clusters.
Our gauges actually tell you everything you need to know fairly easily. I'd rather it than a confusing low end TFT or LCD. The big plus about ours is the golden colored numbers. That's something at least.  :028:

That's it, look at the positives of this little beast. It is a bargain for the money. I bet the new SC is twice the price.  :084:

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2019, 03:23:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
That's it, look at the positives of this little beast. It is a bargain for the money. I bet the new SC is twice the price.  :084:
Oh I'm just nit picking. The z9 is perfect with my new suspension. Possible braided lines this winter but that's it for me. Good brakes I can use, more power not so much.

Online Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2019, 03:27:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Oh I'm just nit picking. The z9 is perfect with my new suspension. Possible braided lines this winter but that's it for me. Good brakes I can use, more power not so much.

Yeah it definitely has enough power for the road. Cannot wait to see this new SC model, so I can say "yeah, Nah"