Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Supercharged Z  (Read 31043 times)

iBuchon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #490 on: February 23, 2020, 09:03:32 AM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Greyhh...He was your second cousin? How cool was that. Did you get to sit on that bike?

No I didn't, I was just a kid and would have been to shy to ask anyway. I sort of forgot all about him as the years went on, until recently when his bike got sold for nearly $1,000,000, and started looking back into his life and stuff.
He lived a fair way from us so I only went to his house a couple of times. I have always loved the look of Vincent engines and now I know why.
It is funny how stuff runs in a family though, my Father rode bikes when he was young, I never saw him ride ever, but he was always restoring a motorbike. All I ever wanted when I was young was a motorbike and have had em all my life.
And now my daughters son, who isn't 2 yet, sits and looks at pictures of motorbikes all the time and never stops pointing to them and stuff like that.
You just cannot stop the motorcycle gene.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #491 on: February 23, 2020, 09:14:29 AM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]

Agreed. Always loved bikes ever since I was a kid. My dad hates them and my mum isnt bothered about them. Didnt find out until years after my obsession started that my grandfather didnt have a car until he was well into his adult years, only a bike which my grandmother used to ride pillion on when they were first married. My grandfather died when my dad was 10, so I never met him and after that, my grandmother never had any involvement with bikes again. Seems the gene got passed on to me though.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #492 on: February 23, 2020, 05:31:57 PM
This is no rival to the Italian one. Awful.

Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:33:14 PM by Cazzy_R
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #493 on: February 23, 2020, 06:35:20 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Agreed. Always loved bikes ever since I was a kid. My dad hates them and my mum isnt bothered about them. Didnt find out until years after my obsession started that my grandfather didnt have a car until he was well into his adult years, only a bike which my grandmother used to ride pillion on when they were first married. My grandfather died when my dad was 10, so I never met him and after that, my grandmother never had any involvement with bikes again. Seems the gene got passed on to me though.

Thats nice!

Im pretty lucky to have both my parents riding with me. The day before I sold my Honda magna, my father and brother told me to do a burnout. Put some kind of soap on the tire. Fun day haha.
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #494 on: February 23, 2020, 08:18:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
No I didn't, I was just a kid and would have been to shy to ask anyway. I sort of forgot all about him as the years went on, until recently when his bike got sold for nearly $1,000,000, and started looking back into his life and stuff.
He lived a fair way from us so I only went to his house a couple of times. I have always loved the look of Vincent engines and now I know why.
It is funny how stuff runs in a family though, my Father rode bikes when he was young, I never saw him ride ever, but he was always restoring a motorbike. All I ever wanted when I was young was a motorbike and have had em all my life.
And now my daughters son, who isn't 2 yet, sits and looks at pictures of motorbikes all the time and never stops pointing to them and stuff like that.
Good story 🍻.
Can your almost 2 year old grand son pronounce motorcycle? That's a four syllable word which is huge for them. I always get a kick out of how they destroy that word.  :002:

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #495 on: March 10, 2020, 12:01:18 AM
The more I see this bike the more I want one. Why not?
I don't speak Spanish...

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #496 on: March 17, 2020, 11:03:07 PM
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #497 on: March 18, 2020, 12:07:49 AM
Holy moly the torque of that thing.  :087:  It looks like quite a handful to ride on the street.
There are more powerful liter bikes out there but the Z H2 gives you all of it much lower in rev range.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #498 on: March 18, 2020, 12:19:10 AM
Not as restricted as the SX-H2 but its clear starting at 10K rpm the ECU is pulling back pretty dramatically. This thing unlocked will be so balistic unlocked. The Ducati cheats at the "gentlemen rule" so their stock figures are closer to what the engine can make. Unlock both and the Kawasaki will smash it. Still, I can't imagine a naked bike with 250hp at the ground (280 flywheel). Screw the term "widow-maker"...this will be the "generation-slayer"  :008:

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #499 on: March 19, 2020, 02:52:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Not as restricted as the SX-H2 but its clear starting at 10K rpm the ECU is pulling back pretty dramatically. This thing unlocked will be so balistic unlocked. The Ducati cheats at the "gentlemen rule" so their stock figures are closer to what the engine can make. Unlock both and the Kawasaki will smash it. Still, I can't imagine a naked bike with 250hp at the ground (280 flywheel). Screw the term "widow-maker"...this will be the "generation-slayer"  :008:
I can understand if you live in an area where there are miles of empty straight high speed roads such as the American Midwest.
I guess I'm fortunate to only have to ride 25 miles on parkways/highways to start picking up nice riding roads. Then once I get there the z900 is right in its element.
The Z H2 may get me to those roads at an even more illegal pace but once there with all that power on tap there's no way I could enjoy the roads I ride. As it is I can't use what the z900 has on those roads.
The Z H2 is definitely on the list for a demo ride tho.