Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Supercharged Z  (Read 37387 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3731
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #510 on: April 04, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
Here’s an interesting comparison between the ZH2 and the H2SX by Brock Davidson

Comparo starts 5:30 in, after he’s finished showing 260hp at rear wheel on the SX
Yes, it's fun to compare the differences between bikes to see where the weight has gone. I did the same with a friend over the mt 09 vs the z900 a couple of years ago.

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1801
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #511 on: April 04, 2020, 07:21:32 PM
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
Here’s an interesting comparison between the ZH2 and the H2SX by Brock Davidson

Comparo starts 5:30 in, after he’s finished showing 260hp at rear wheel on the SX


Good find.
I thought it was just about the H2SX and I had seen it before.  :028:


Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline stuartho

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • *
  • Posts: 434
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #512 on: April 06, 2020, 01:18:49 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Good find.
I thought it was just about the H2SX and I had seen it before.  :028:

Yeah, the fact I stumbled across it is indicative of the fact I'm stuck at home and not out riding, so spending way too much time trawling through YouTube.

There's some indication that the State authorities here in QLD may be fine with classifying riding a motorcycle as exercise and so allow it under the current COVID-19 lockdown. But the day after this was "announced" riders were being stopped and turned around (and their number plates photographed!) at the base of the mountain range close to where I live. So I'm waiting for the dust to settle before heading out.

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1801
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #513 on: April 06, 2020, 01:40:24 AM
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
Yeah, the fact I stumbled across it is indicative of the fact I'm stuck at home and not out riding, so spending way too much time trawling through YouTube.

There's some indication that the State authorities here in QLD may be fine with classifying riding a motorcycle as exercise and so allow it under the current COVID-19 lockdown. But the day after this was "announced" riders were being stopped and turned around (and their number plates photographed!) at the base of the mountain range close to where I live. So I'm waiting for the dust to settle before heading out.

I'm in the same position. Locked down. Doing my civic duty.
It's all getting a bit too close to home now.
One person I know has died of Corona and another is critical in hospital.
Not friends, just people I would say "Hi" to if our paths crossed but more than numbers on a chart now.
Not riding sucks but staying home, if you can, is the best for everyone.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Frontline

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 1043
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
  • Country: us
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #514 on: April 06, 2020, 02:24:03 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
It's all getting a bit too close to home now.
One person I know has died of Corona and another is critical in hospital.
Not friends, just people I would say "Hi" to if our paths crossed but more than numbers on a chart now.
Yea, when it gets that close to you, it gets real...real quick!

Stay safe  :821:

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3731
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #515 on: April 06, 2020, 04:49:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
I'm in the same position. Locked down. Doing my civic duty.
It's all getting a bit too close to home now.
One person I know has died of Corona and another is critical in hospital.
Not friends, just people I would say "Hi" to if our paths crossed but more than numbers on a chart now.
Not riding sucks but staying home, if you can, is the best for everyone.
Not riding and keeping social distance is doing your part. The less people that go into a hospital the better for all parties involved. The medical people risk their lives to take care of us.

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1801
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #516 on: May 08, 2020, 12:10:00 PM
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline stuartho

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • *
  • Posts: 434
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #517 on: May 24, 2020, 04:25:35 AM

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3731
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #518 on: May 24, 2020, 03:10:11 PM
I have half a mind to buy one but the other (practical) half says no.
The z9 stock wet is about four pounds per HP. That used to be a big deal, still is. The Z H2 is 2.6 lb/HP and with some tuning and exhaust work gets closer to two. Holy moly  :087:.

Offline Frontline

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 1043
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
  • Country: us
Re: Supercharged Z
Reply #519 on: May 24, 2020, 03:56:28 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I have half a mind to buy one but the other (practical) half says no.
The z9 stock wet is about four pounds per HP. That used to be a big deal, still is. The Z H2 is 2.6 lb/HP and with some tuning and exhaust work gets closer to two. Holy moly  :087:.
I remember when 1HP per cubic inch was the hot talk in the car scene. People say the golden era of muscle cars was late 60's...while those were nice to look at, today's modern cars and motorcycles are on a whole different planet in terms of performance. Flat out daily driver race cars and full MotoGP bikes for anyone that walks into a dealership.

The golden era is right here, right now.