Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z vs squirrel  (Read 3090 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online iBuchon

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 710
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
  • Country: us
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 11:47:23 PM
Latest update:
New parts are in and bike was inspected yesterday. This will be my wifes bike, so well put the parts on together. Killing me not putting them on right now. Owner went to the DMV today and sent off for a prior salvage title. As soon as he gets it all thats left to do is signing the title over to me and giving him his $800. I wont need another inspection, just have to license it like usual.
  Total parts cost was $177.67 USD. All of it is cosmetic, but Im pretty sure my wife would rather have it fixed. Other scratched parts might get replaced if she ends up keeping it. Most are things Ive replaced on the 900 or 125 so I have spares. Mirror, bar-end, clutch lever, etc.

Offline ZROD

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Town / City: Bangalore
  • Country: in
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #41 on: December 05, 2019, 06:19:54 AM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
Latest update:
New parts are in and bike was inspected yesterday. This will be my wifes bike, so well put the parts on together. Killing me not putting them on right now. Owner went to the DMV today and sent off for a prior salvage title. As soon as he gets it all thats left to do is signing the title over to me and giving him his $800. I wont need another inspection, just have to license it like usual.
  Total parts cost was $177.67 USD. All of it is cosmetic, but Im pretty sure my wife would rather have it fixed. Other scratched parts might get replaced if she ends up keeping it. Most are things Ive replaced on the 900 or 125 so I have spares. Mirror, bar-end, clutch lever, etc.

Sounds like a sweet deal.. Good for you bud..  :028:
2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Offline ZROD

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Town / City: Bangalore
  • Country: in
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 06:27:08 AM
This was the only close call I had with my old GT650 (Non-ABS)

I would never ride a Non-ABS bike after this incident.. (Skip to 1:45 if you don't feel like watching the whole video)


2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Online zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3395
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 01:10:39 PM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
Latest update:
New parts are in and bike was inspected yesterday. This will be my wifes bike, so well put the parts on together. Killing me not putting them on right now. Owner went to the DMV today and sent off for a prior salvage title. As soon as he gets it all thats left to do is signing the title over to me and giving him his $800. I wont need another inspection, just have to license it like usual.
  Total parts cost was $177.67 USD. All of it is cosmetic, but Im pretty sure my wife would rather have it fixed. Other scratched parts might get replaced if she ends up keeping it. Most are things Ive replaced on the 900 or 125 so I have spares. Mirror, bar-end, clutch lever, etc.
You made out alright. The z650 is a nice lightweight bike 👍.

Online zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3395
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #44 on: December 05, 2019, 01:25:50 PM
*Originally Posted by ZROD [+]
This was the only close call I had with my old GT650 (Non-ABS)

I would never ride a Non-ABS bike after this incident.. (Skip to 1:45 if you don't feel like watching the whole video)

Glad you were unhurt.
I have subscribed to a couple of channels of riders in India. This I know...I am not man enough to ride there.  :821:

Online cjskinner

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 607
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #45 on: December 05, 2019, 02:00:17 PM
*Originally Posted by ZROD [+]
This was the only close call I had with my old GT650 (Non-ABS)

I would never ride a Non-ABS bike after this incident.. (Skip to 1:45 if you don't feel like watching the whole video)


Wtf did he pay for the repair or it doesnt work like that in India? If he didnt pay I would slap that moustache out of his face haha

Offline ZROD

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Town / City: Bangalore
  • Country: in
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #46 on: December 06, 2019, 10:06:40 AM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Glad you were unhurt.
I have subscribed to a couple of channels of riders in India. This I know...I am not man enough to ride there.  :821:

I was completely geared up so I was unhurt..

Even the bike was fine coz the frame sliders i had installed just 2 days before this incident took most of the brunt..

It does get really crazy here..

"Organized Chaos is how I would describe the traffic scenario"  :169:
2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Offline ZROD

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Town / City: Bangalore
  • Country: in
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #47 on: December 06, 2019, 10:18:11 AM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Wtf did he pay for the repair or it doesnt work like that in India? If he didnt pay I would slap that moustache out of his face haha

There was no damage to the bike except for a few scratches on the frame slider I had installed just 2 days back (thank god)

We do have insurance claims in case of an accident, but that is a lengthy process which would involve filing a complaint with the nearest police station among other things.. I was actually on my to work for an important meeting.. so didn't wanna waste my time with this A******...

The guy driving the 3 wheeled garbage collection vehicle was a govt. employed contractor..  :157:
2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Online cjskinner

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 607
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #48 on: December 06, 2019, 11:46:38 AM
Damn man. That guy had a punchable face haha

Online zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3395
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Z vs squirrel
Reply #49 on: December 06, 2019, 02:39:33 PM
*Originally Posted by ZROD [+]
I was completely geared up so I was unhurt..

Even the bike was fine coz the frame sliders i had installed just 2 days before this incident took most of the brunt..

It does get really crazy here..

"Organized Chaos is how I would describe the traffic scenario"  :169:
Two things I would like to do, just because....
1- Ride a motorcycle in a big city in India. :087:
2- Drive a car in Russia in the winter.  :005:

Both would take much mental and physical preparation. 😂
Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:41:00 PM by zed9