Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Question about stock headers  (Read 617 times)

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Question about stock headers
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 02:02:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ivillaz900 [+]
tried it this morning before work and i didnt hear a thing! im going to try soapy water next.
You are going to spray soapy water on the exhaust flange with motor running? Good luck with that. Even on a cold engine, that area gets extremely hot in no time (especially if you restrict the outlet).

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 10:42:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ivillaz900 [+]
used the same ones that were already in there. They didnt have any damage from what I saw. The bike itself is only 5k miles in.
New gaskets are a few dollars each. They are consumable items. Just replace them and move on. :138:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:50:36 PM by KellyL »

Offline Ivillaz900

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 06:30:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
You are going to spray soapy water on the exhaust flange with motor running? Good luck with that. Even on a cold engine, that area gets extremely hot in no time (especially if you restrict the outlet).

The service manager suggested to try this out ( without restricting the outlet). He said make sure the engine is cold, spray the area with a good amount, and turn it on.

I think i should be fine though. I ran into another z900 owner in a parking structure and his bike had the same exact sound as what i was worried about. I'll drop it and replace the copper gaskets anyway once they arrive.