Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dual daytime running headlight  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Z900kawiblack

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Dual daytime running headlight
on: October 11, 2019, 02:19:19 PM
How’s it going everyone!
I would like to ask if someone modified the high beams with dual light so that it will have low beam and high beam. So that dual headlight will be on for daytime running lights and still have the functionality of the high beam.

Thanks!

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Dual daytime running headlight
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 02:33:32 PM
Welcome aboard. 👍
The hi/low beam has been discussed ad nauseam. It helps to know that the Z has the same single filament lamp in each side. To get the high or low beam the housing has two different reflectors, one that throws the beam high and one that throws the beam low.
I suppose the easiest way to have both running at the same time would be to find the wires for the 'passing' switch and adding another switch to shunt them together.
Cheers  :821:.

Offline Z900kawiblack

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 02:38:21 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:33:30 PM
There’s a modulator kit you can get that turns the high beam side on at 70% brightness. There’s a link to it on page 7 of this thread:

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,482.60.html
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online savedzrex

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: ZRX1200 Versys 1000
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:23:30 PM
I've never liked or understood why they make many bikes with the single headlight on (other than cost)  i like dual lights and dual high beams.  They want bikes to be seen....

Oh well and then on top of that the turn signal do not have a running light...... :157: :157: :157: :157:

The 2020 has dual headlights on......
Let the Good Times Roll...........Amen

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 05:50:04 PM
*Originally Posted by savedzrex [+]
I've never liked or understood why they make many bikes with the single headlight on (other than cost)  i like dual lights and dual high beams.  They want bikes to be seen....

Oh well and then on top of that the turn signal do not have a running light...... :157: :157: :157: :157:

The 2020 has dual headlights on......

I posted an explanation to this on page 6 of this thread:

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,482.50.html

Granted some models still have dual low and high beams, but after being given this explanation by a dealership, I feel better about the whole 1 for low and 1 for high setup.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online savedzrex

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: ZRX1200 Versys 1000
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 07:09:22 PM
Thanks Rob...... I'll check that link out.   :152:
Let the Good Times Roll...........Amen

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: NWA
Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 04:58:08 PM
I always leave my high beam switch on, better to be seen and flipped off then not been seen and in a ditch!! 💪🏍️

Online porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:20:40 PM
*Originally Posted by BroskiiX [+]
I always leave my high beam switch on, better to be seen and flipped off then not been seen and in a ditch!! 💪🏍️

My 2002 ZRX has a glass headlight lense, it's 18 years old and well the technology has advanced ALOT since then. I put in an 80 / 100w H4 "off road" bulb from NAPA for about $12 years ago and it's still in there.
I have the adjustments angled down since it projects different on low- high but people flash me regardless (kinda like when you see the new style bright ones and go "damn turn your lights down" but they are), most times I don't even bother to flash them back as it'd be a quick blinding and I could end up in the ditch.......with the bike on me.   No bueno!
"The ride is the reason"