Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dual daytime running headlight  (Read 412 times)

Offline Z900kawiblack

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Dual daytime running headlight
« on: October 11, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »
How’s it going everyone!
I would like to ask if someone modified the high beams with dual light so that it will have low beam and high beam. So that dual headlight will be on for daytime running lights and still have the functionality of the high beam.

Thanks!

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Dual daytime running headlight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
Welcome aboard. 👍
The hi/low beam has been discussed ad nauseam. It helps to know that the Z has the same single filament lamp in each side. To get the high or low beam the housing has two different reflectors, one that throws the beam high and one that throws the beam low.
I suppose the easiest way to have both running at the same time would be to find the wires for the 'passing' switch and adding another switch to shunt them together.
Cheers  :821:.

Offline Z900kawiblack

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »
Awesome. Thanks!

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »
There’s a modulator kit you can get that turns the high beam side on at 70% brightness. There’s a link to it on page 7 of this thread:

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,482.60.html
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!