Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bomb Cyclone  (Read 990 times)

Online iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Bomb Cyclone
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
You Northeast US guys still have power after that storm?

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Bomb Cyclone
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 12:40:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
You Northeast US guys still have power after that storm?

I lost power twice but only short periods each time  :028:

Online iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 01:14:03 AM »
Good to hear. Sounds like it was a doozy. ...doozie?

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 01:19:04 AM »
I live in the Northeast, when did this happen? It's been windy and it rained last night.  :027:
 I raked leaves today and I did notice that the top of one of my trash barrels blew off. Was that it?

Online iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:55 AM »
 :008:
Seemed more severe in the news article.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 01:32:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
:008:
Seemed more severe in the news article.
Well if you put "bomb" in the title people get nervous. In the Northeast, come wintertime, it's the term "Nor'easter" that sets people on edge. Especially on the coast.
According to the Farmers Almanac, this winter is supposed to be a doozie. They're already calling it the "Polarcoaster".  :138:

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Z900 Pro
  • Admin/Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »
Flew out of Boston Logan just before this came in, a little turbulance but no big deal. Looks like it blew the roof off one of the Delta hangers a short while later so maybe got away just in time !

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 05:26:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by MattR [+]
Flew out of Boston Logan just before this came in, a little turbulance but no big deal. Looks like it blew the roof off one of the Delta hangers a short while later so maybe got away just in time !
Logan had a 70mph wind gusts. That roof is made of fabric. Logan is only a few miles from my house as the crow flies.
There was more damage I found out in Glaucester Ma, north of Boston, on the ocean. They had boats sink at the docks and maydays. The Coast Guard had a busy day.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Well if you put "bomb" in the title people get nervous. In the Northeast, come wintertime, it's the term "Nor'easter" that sets people on edge. Especially on the coast.
According to the Farmers Almanac, this winter is supposed to be a doozie. They're already calling it the "Polarcoaster".  :138:

Winter forecasting is terrible here, only job you can be wrong yet still be employed. The "better get your bread + milk"  stock up BS (not like anyone lives 100 miles away from 15 convenience / grocery stores) with "2 feet by late afternoon turns into a mere 3 inches"...  Nor'Easter, haven't had a real one in a few of years- maybe 2020.
I love a good snow fall in Central NY, steady add of inches and colder temps just makes it another great season- keeps my sleds on local trails and the groomer running.

Farmer's almanac, more folklore.... seen any solid black woolly bear caterpillars yet? 
"The ride is the reason"

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 02:55:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
Winter forecasting is terrible here, only job you can be wrong yet still be employed. The "better get your bread + milk"  stock up BS (not like anyone lives 100 miles away from 15 convenience / grocery stores) with "2 feet by late afternoon turns into a mere 3 inches"...  Nor'Easter, haven't had a real one in a few of years- maybe 2020.
I love a good snow fall in Central NY, steady add of inches and colder temps just makes it another great season- keeps my sleds on local trails and the groomer running.

Farmer's almanac, more folklore.... seen any solid black woolly bear caterpillars yet?
No but I've seen a bunch of brown/black striped ones. What does that mean?
I have a friend in Sebago Lake, Maine with a bunch of sleds. Last couple of years he's had to go to Jackman for good snow.