Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Carbon fiber undertail question.  (Read 266 times)

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Carbon fiber undertail question.
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
Guys,

Has anyone successfully installed carbon fiber undertail? If so where did you get it from? any pictures of it being installed please. I cant seem to get one that will fit.

I do get you need to tweak them carbon parts here and there but I think the one I have its just molded incorrectly, any suggestions welcomed.

Offline sutefunu

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
Re: Carbon fiber undertail question.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
I don't have experience with carbon parts but I think most of us here like the stuff from https://www.motocomposites.com

Where is yours from?!?

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: Carbon fiber undertail question.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 05:39:09 PM »
I ordered quite a few parts from FFCarbon.com because they are based in Europe and have free return service, most of them needed some minor adjustment to fit but quality is generally OK. They will send this one back to be checked and corrected by production, but this will be their 3rd attempt to get it right (I already had tried previous 2 versions) so from that point they are a very good customer focused company to deal with. The only downside is the parts take months to be produced.

With motocomposites they got these over complicated return T&C plus you looking at additional customs fees and postage so it more cost and risk to anyone outside Canada.  If I knew someone had bought it from them and its good fit and quality I might go for it.