Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service Intervals  (Read 2444 times)

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Re: Service Intervals
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 11:40:04 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Varies with market.
24 months in EU.
12 months in USA.

Post Brexit UK: Who knows?

ok , thanks

after i pick up the bike in 2018, she never seen dealer .....    :008:

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 08:19:06 PM
So what, now theyre saying we dont have to change the oil and filter for 7,500 miles. Dont know about that given the type of vehicle. Cars are expected to have an annual oil and filter change and thats for average use. A bike is a high performance vehicle and generally gets used as such. For what it costs me to change it, Ill stick to every 4k I think.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 08:37:14 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
For what it costs me to change it, Ill stick to every 4k I think.
Agree. Also, motorcycles use wet clutches and I can't even comprehend all the gold dust in oil at 7,500. Heck, I change mine at 3K and still see a little.

For me, it would be very different if I had a dry clutch Ducati....then I would have no issues every 5K.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 10:19:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Agree. Also, motorcycles use wet clutches and I can't even comprehend all the gold dust in oil at 7,500. Heck, I change mine at 3K and still see a little.

For me, I dont ride the pants out of the bike. Im no amazing rider and make no such claim to be. I will have a blast of hard acceleration here and there when roads/conditions allow, but other than that I ride relatively conservatively. Every 4,000 miles suits me fine and its easy to keep track of, but waiting nearly 8,000 miles between changes, even with the way I ride, just doesnt sit well with me. To nearly double the length of time between changes would be silly imo, as it stands i can feel the difference in the bike when changing gears when it gets close to oil change time. Cant imagine how horrible the shifts would be by the time the oil was 8,000 miles old!
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:52 PM
Oil & filter every 4000miles for me then spark plugs every 7000. Simples  :169:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline bobw

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 08:37:28 PM
Maybe I have misunderstood the original post was the 600 mile service completed or has it been scrapped?I thought the oil change is 600 miles or one month then every 7.5k miles anyway or 12 months whichever comes first all this does is do away with the pointless 6 month service just to check brakes saves me 75 a year  so its a result.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 08:49:21 PM
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
Maybe I have misunderstood the original post was the 600 mile service completed or has it been scrapped?I thought the oil change is 600 miles or one month then every 7.5k miles anyway or 12 months whichever comes first all this does is do away with the pointless 6 month service just to check brakes saves me 75 a year  so its a result.

Yes, the manual states every 7,600 miles or yearly for an oil change, but for a high performance vehicle, it deserves to be changed more frequently I think. As above, I do mine every 4,000 miles and that suits me fine. I can get the oil for about 29 and the filter and crush washer are less than 10. I dont mind spending 40 every 5 months or so to keep the bike running sweet, but sod paying a garage to do it.

Offline Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
My bike has done 9000 miles now and it's now due a 2 year / 7,500 mile service. Just looked in the owners manual and it shows that an 'engine vacuum synchronisation' is needed. Have I understood this correctly? Is this something that you all have had done?

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 12:45:15 PM
*Originally Posted by Simoncrp [+]
My bike has done 9000 miles now and it's now due a 2 year / 7,500 mile service. Just looked in the owners manual and it shows that an 'engine vacuum synchronisation' is needed. Have I understood this correctly? Is this something that you all have had done?
Not critical but its something that should be done after the important stuff is taken care of. It would have to be massively out of sync for it to become an actual problem (not likely).

Even though I have more than twice the mileage you have, I still haven't done the sync. I need to buy the tool...

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 02:29:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Simoncrp [+]
That is the throttle bodies sync. If your bike idles smoothly and off idle throttle is still smooth then there's no need to adjust. You'll know if you start feeling a snatchy throttle. Mine feels not quite as perfect as when I bought it but I won't bother adjusting it until I need to take the tank off for some other reason.
No harm to the engine will happen. The sync is so all the butterflies are all set optimally and open at the exact same time.
If they're gone out of sync you may have a lumpy idle and a snatchy off-idle throttle.

I generally adjust mine when I adjust the valves since that is when I take the tank off.
Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:30:54 PM by zed9