Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quick shifter for z900  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Pas53

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Nakhon sawan
Quick shifter for z900
on: November 12, 2019, 03:33:53 PM
So who as fitted which quick shifter , I am only interested in a up and down type how good are aftermarket ones , has anybody looked into fitting one from another model of Kawasaki .

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Re: Quick shifter for z900
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 03:57:38 PM
This has been discussed a lot of times.  Use the search function. 

Most people use the DynoJet Quick shifter, Annitori, HealTech, or Translogic. 

Online cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 05:59:30 PM
Is there one coming out at the top?

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 07:16:28 PM
From my research, most all of them have decent reviews once setup properly.  Annitori seems like the best unit for the price of around $250usd.  I think the other ones are all over $400usd and for the dynojet one to work, i think you must have the power commander. 

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:58:24 PM
Just to chime in, quickshifters generally dont work for downshifts with a cable throttle. Normally they require a ride by wire throttle to allow the system to auto blip during the downshift. That said, I believe the healtech unit allows downshifts.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:50:04 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Just to chime in, quickshifters generally dont work for downshifts with a cable throttle. Normally they require a ride by wire throttle to allow the system to auto blip during the downshift. That said, I believe the healtech unit allows downshifts.
True on the first part. But I don't care what anyone says, NO "quick-shifter" device is designed for downshifts. As you correctly pointed out, down-shifting REQUIRES the RPM's to blip (rev matching). Does mean it won't down-shift...but you run the risk of damaging the gears.

Healtech does not have a down-shift option. What I can do with my Healtech (and I've writen detailed info in past), I can set it up to allows me to ignore ignition cut on downshifts. This is especially important on QS units that allow push/pull on one sensor. Important to me because I love to rev match my downshifts manually as much as I enjoy quick up-shifts and don't want the ignition to CUT when I manually downshift.

The Annitori is missing some important features which is why (after a lot of research) choose Healtech. IMO, the only two options is Healtech and Translogic. Both can be setup as set and forget but I found I prefer to self tweak the shift points. As a bonus, the Healtech has a really slick APP and has a real-time digital RPM meter and use it to set my idle RPM very precisely.

I could NEVER own another MC without at least a QS  :062:

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 09:12:53 PM
im in the same boat, since ive tried Healtech on my prev bike (SUZUKI), then i dont imagine my next bike without QS. so just bought new harness kit for 25eur and put it on my Z900.

regarding DOWNSHIFTING, ive tried and it works, just need to get used to it.  and here is copy/past from User's Guide:

4. How to use the QuickShifter
- You may do clutchless upshifts only during acceleration, i.e. at partial to full throttle, well above idle speed.
- Always use the clutch under these conditions:
 selecting first gear
 finding neutral
 shifting to 2nd gear if its not smooth without clutch on your bike
 during deceleration/braking
 when hitting the rev limiter
 when the engine does not pull
- You may do clutchless downshifts with partial throttle from the higher (4-6) gears only if the shifts are smooth and effortless on your bike and the shift lever is not stiff. Otherwise, use the clutch for downshifts.
- Be sure you always do quick, confident and complete shift movements with your foot, until the lever stops. Adjust the shift lever position if necessary to ensure effortless and complete shift movement with your foot.
When the power is cut, there's a limited time (typically less than 90ms) while the gearbox is being unloaded and clutchless shift is possible. After this time the gearbox is loaded again due to engine braking. If you change the gear slowly, you may hit false neutral or you can't make the shift at all.
- If the shifts are not smooth, do not stress your gearbox. Use the clutch until you make the necessary changes.

so for me it works.

Online cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 10:00:43 PM
Well well well... now its healtech vs translogic hehe

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 04:25:58 AM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Well well well... now its healtech vs translogic hehe

Watch this if you are not sure  :001:

Go to 5:15 for road test part.

Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:28:46 AM by Greyhairhoon

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 05:44:19 AM
Well )))  watched the 5.15min video and all he said applies to Healtech, flawless, going from 1 to 2 etc.

So its just a personal choice.

Ive got mine system for 200eur, so that was a winner.