Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quick shifter for z900  (Read 1028 times)

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Re: Quick shifter for z900
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 08:55:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
True on the first part. But I don't care what anyone says, NO "quick-shifter" device is designed for downshifts. As you correctly pointed out, down-shifting REQUIRES the RPM's to blip (rev matching). Does mean it won't down-shift...but you run the risk of damaging the gears.

Healtech does not have a down-shift option. What I can do with my Healtech (and I've writen detailed info in past), I can set it up to allows me to ignore ignition cut on downshifts. This is especially important on QS units that allow push/pull on one sensor. Important to me because I love to rev match my downshifts manually as much as I enjoy quick up-shifts and don't want the ignition to CUT when I manually downshift.

The Annitori is missing some important features which is why (after a lot of research) choose Healtech. IMO, the only two options is Healtech and Translogic. Both can be setup as set and forget but I found I prefer to self tweak the shift points. As a bonus, the Healtech has a really slick APP and has a real-time digital RPM meter and use it to set my idle RPM very precisely.

I could NEVER own another MC without at least a QS  :062:

Can you tell me what options the Annitori unit is missing?  I have been close to ordering one but since its cold i have not been in a hurry.  I think they recently released an updated version of their unit.  I wonder if it gives the user more adjust-ability options.

Online cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 09:54:41 PM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]

Watch this if you are not sure  :001:

Go to 5:15 for road test part.

Looks fun  :305:

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 09:59:59 PM
*Originally Posted by bigj11 [+]
Can you tell me what options the Annitori unit is missing?  I have been close to ordering one but since its cold i have not been in a hurry.  I think they recently released an updated version of their unit.  I wonder if it gives the user more adjust-ability options.
It doesn't allow RPM specific adjustments. So the sensitivity and kill time is a set number. Generally speaking, the higher RPM you shift at, the less cut-off time you need. Also, the HT module is super small and I have mine hidden on the side of the battery. The other units use a much larger box.

ps. Don't think the Annitori has been updated in over a year.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:16 PM
+1  behind the battery

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP