Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quick shifter for z900  (Read 4112 times)

Online bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Re: Quick shifter for z900
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 08:55:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
True on the first part. But I don't care what anyone says, NO "quick-shifter" device is designed for downshifts. As you correctly pointed out, down-shifting REQUIRES the RPM's to blip (rev matching). Does mean it won't down-shift...but you run the risk of damaging the gears.

Healtech does not have a down-shift option. What I can do with my Healtech (and I've writen detailed info in past), I can set it up to allows me to ignore ignition cut on downshifts. This is especially important on QS units that allow push/pull on one sensor. Important to me because I love to rev match my downshifts manually as much as I enjoy quick up-shifts and don't want the ignition to CUT when I manually downshift.

The Annitori is missing some important features which is why (after a lot of research) choose Healtech. IMO, the only two options is Healtech and Translogic. Both can be setup as set and forget but I found I prefer to self tweak the shift points. As a bonus, the Healtech has a really slick APP and has a real-time digital RPM meter and use it to set my idle RPM very precisely.

I could NEVER own another MC without at least a QS  :062:

Can you tell me what options the Annitori unit is missing?  I have been close to ordering one but since its cold i have not been in a hurry.  I think they recently released an updated version of their unit.  I wonder if it gives the user more adjust-ability options.

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 09:54:41 PM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]

Watch this if you are not sure  :001:

Go to 5:15 for road test part.

Looks fun  :305:
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 09:59:59 PM
*Originally Posted by bigj11 [+]
Can you tell me what options the Annitori unit is missing?  I have been close to ordering one but since its cold i have not been in a hurry.  I think they recently released an updated version of their unit.  I wonder if it gives the user more adjust-ability options.
It doesn't allow RPM specific adjustments. So the sensitivity and kill time is a set number. Generally speaking, the higher RPM you shift at, the less cut-off time you need. Also, the HT module is super small and I have mine hidden on the side of the battery. The other units use a much larger box.

ps. Don't think the Annitori has been updated in over a year.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:16 PM
+1  behind the battery
Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 10:02:58 PM
Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt

Offline Pas53

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Nakhon sawan
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 01:03:46 PM
thanks for the replys guys 👍

Offline Lzed9ine

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: zr900 2K18
  • Town / City: South
Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 03:26:26 PM
useful info

*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
True on the first part. But I don't care what anyone says, NO "quick-shifter" device is designed for downshifts. As you correctly pointed out, down-shifting REQUIRES the RPM's to blip (rev matching). Does mean it won't down-shift...but you run the risk of damaging the gears.

Healtech does not have a down-shift option. What I can do with my Healtech (and I've writen detailed info in past), I can set it up to allows me to ignore ignition cut on downshifts. This is especially important on QS units that allow push/pull on one sensor. Important to me because I love to rev match my downshifts manually as much as I enjoy quick up-shifts and don't want the ignition to CUT when I manually downshift.

The Annitori is missing some important features which is why (after a lot of research) choose Healtech. IMO, the only two options is Healtech and Translogic. Both can be setup as set and forget but I found I prefer to self tweak the shift points. As a bonus, the Healtech has a really slick APP and has a real-time digital RPM meter and use it to set my idle RPM very precisely.

I could NEVER own another MC without at least a QS  :062:

FRONTLINE - have you got a youtibe channel or a blog , you got a wealth of knowledge

Offline TheRedWizard

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Kenmore
Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 12:01:32 AM
Hi guys. New to the forum. I have 2019 z900.  Already have a bunch done to it.  Including a full exhaust and custom ecu flash for the exhaust from 2wheeldynoworks. 

Ive been searching around and havent found an answer for my concern.  Would a quickshifter from translogic, or any brand, effect the tune at all? I understand it's plug and play and then you can customize the parameters.   

Thank you to anyone that responds.

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 01:07:50 AM
I asked 2wheeldyno few months before getting my ecu flashed and they said it doesnt affect
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline TheRedWizard

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Kenmore
Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 02:13:21 AM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
I asked 2wheeldyno few months before getting my ecu flashed and they said it doesnt affect

So which quickshifter did you go with? And how do you like it?  How much did you spend? I see that im not going to spend less than 400, apparently.