Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Bike. New Tire. And a nail.  (Read 475 times)

Offline ProfJeff

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Lexington NC
New Bike. New Tire. And a nail.
on: November 13, 2019, 01:50:36 AM
One day this week was to be over my 45 degree AM / 55 degree PM ride window, and it's Monday so not a bad way to start the week.
Pack the luggage for work.
Bundle up.
Start bike to warm up.
Secure luggage.
Helmet and glove up.
Start bike.
Go to roll it backwards to check it out. It won't move and feels funny.
WTH
Get off bike.
Look down.

Monday morning down the tube.

I haven't even had it a month yet--that would be tomorrow. I was planning on new tires in spring and use these "bad ones" through the slow winter months.
So......do we think it can be fixed? I'm guessing it's not likely.

Oh, I did take the other bike to work (Yamaha Raider, it's much warmer to ride at this temp too!)

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: New Bike. New Tire. And a nail.
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:21:30 AM
Yea that sucks. But since the stock tires suck really bad, I can't say I'd be too stressed over it. I can't imagine these tires in the cold (they sucked in the warm).

As for fixing the tire.... Your gonna get many that will say just plug it. I would only plug a tire to get me home...and if tires isn't old (and hole isn't in center), I would take tire off wheel and do a proper patch from the inside. You will likely spend $40 -$80 to do that but I wouldn't do it any other way.

Or, spend the money now on new tires and it will handle better and be safer all around.

Offline TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 06:28:42 AM
Plug away! If anything, on these stock tires, it will just give you more grip :008:

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:51 PM
Plug that joker.  I got a nail in my tire when the bike was brand new, around 50 miles on the speedo.  I had no issues out of it.  I replaced the tires after a few thousand miles.