Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from the Netherlands  (Read 181 times)

Offline Z900David

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900 2018
  • Town / City: Driebergen
Hi from the Netherlands
on: January 20, 2020, 01:37:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been reading on this forum for a couple of months right now, and just created an account. So I will shortly introduce myself.
I'm David from the Netherlands and I've an Z900 2018 model. Also bought in 2018.
Last summer I've enjoyed riding it a lot and in the meantime made some upgrades. Hereby a photo of my bike!:

Unfortunately it's to cold to ride right now in the Netherlands and the government is sprinkling salt/brine on the roads...
Expecting to start riding again in a couple of months!

I really enjoyed reading on this informative forum and will update you when I will start riding again.

Groetjes,
David

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Re: Hi from the Netherlands
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:27:15 PM
Welcome David!👍

Nice bike. Best colour. 😎 A2?

I have some questions about your front stand.
Is it the type with the pivoting pads on top?
What is your opinion about it? Does it feel secure with odd length forks sitting upon it?
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Z900David

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 03:56:51 PM
Hi Cazzy_R,

Thanks! Yes it's A2, but this summer I will take the restriction off. I have also ordered the (normal) headers from SC-project. Because I think that they should fit on this bike, giving me the opportunity to go to the real full power. I will keep you guys updated on this off course.

The front stand is indeed with pivoting pads on top. You need to get used to it/ get the feeling, to fit them under nicely. But once you have that feeling it will go easily. Butt I can really suggest you put the paddock stand on the back first and on a flat surface . Because off the bobbins on the backside, the bike is already secured. And this will make it a lot easier to put the front paddock stand underneath.

Offline RR

• Z900 Pro
Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 05:12:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Z900David [+]
Hi Cazzy_R,

Thanks! Yes it's A2, but this summer I will take the restriction off. I have also ordered the (normal) headers from SC-project. Because I think that they should fit on this bike, giving me the opportunity to go to the real full power. I will keep you guys updated on this off course.

The front stand is indeed with pivoting pads on top. You need to get used to it/ get the feeling, to fit them under nicely. But once you have that feeling it will go easily. Butt I can really suggest you put the paddock stand on the back first and on a flat surface . Because off the bobbins on the backside, the bike is already secured. And this will make it a lot easier to put the front paddock stand underneath.

Welcome!

Not looking to ruin your fun but the diameter of the A2 version is different to the full version. It might be good to check the headers you ordered.

More info.
https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,3150.msg38084.html#msg38084

Offline Z900David

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 05:43:34 PM
Hi RR,

Thanks! I've mentioned that and contacted my dealer about it. The a2 version is only for the European market and even there in only a few nations. So it would be to expensive for Kawasaki to make a casting mold only for those few numbers. To reduce the exhaust outlet of the cylinder head, they mostly use bushings in these cases. Which can be taken out. When i've received the SC-headers, I will take the standard headers off and make some good photo's to update you guys!

Groeten,
David

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:26:39 PM
*Originally Posted by Z900David [+]

Good info. Thanks. I've been looking for a quick and easy front paddock stand just for cleaning duties.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Z900David

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:46:48 PM
No probleem, that was also the reason for me to buy the set and it helps a lot! Especially because of the double brakdisks at the front! And for the winterperiod, so that the tires won't have flat spots...