Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: [Question] Will headers of Z900 2019 will fit the newer model of 2020  (Read 1318 times)

TrueNDiary, MZ900 and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online TrueNDiary

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
*Originally Posted by JEPPAY [+]
You say a full exhaust system, but then you are worried about the headers?
A slip on is not a FULL system :) so if you have a full system, that means you also have the headers :) - thats where the "full" part comes in. Just so we are on the same page.

I am worried about the header since it connect to the engine, and I'm wondering if it will fit.
To clarify - I know what full system is and I have both Header & exhaust/muffler of Arrow.it aftermarket company.

I messaged the italian company SC Project about this a few days ago. They also confirm, like on in a prior post mentioned, that the 2020 mufflers wont fit the 2019 bikes.

Attention: muffler for 2020 bike is not compatible with 2019 one. Soon will be online correct product.

We remain at your disposal

Thanks and regards

signature_1724033781

From that message, it look like it will fit.

Z900 2020 Stock header screenshot

Z900 2019 Stock header screenshot

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2020
  • Town / City: Randers
*Originally Posted by TrueNDiary [+]
I am worried about the header since it connect to the engine, and I'm wondering if it will fit.
To clarify - I know what full system is and I have both Header & exhaust/muffler of Arrow.it aftermarket company.

From that message, it look like it will fit.

Z900 2020 Stock header screenshot

Z900 2019 Stock header screenshot

Not sure what you are trying to show with those 2 pictures. None of them show the END of the stock header - which is where you want to put on the SLIP on.

BUT - the header it self being a 2019 model, will fit on the 2020 bike.

Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Offline Bentham

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Bristol
looking at the few shots I have seen from road test images it seems the join where the four header pipes Siamese together looks quite different on the later model. The 2019 has the 4 into 1 element horizontal to the road, the 2020 looks like a 45' angle and has some additional welding along the lower end of the pipe sections.  When they land in showrooms we'll be able to have a closer gander.............

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
*Originally Posted by Bentham [+]
looking at the few shots I have seen from road test images it seems the join where the four header pipes Siamese together looks quite different on the later model. The 2019 has the 4 into 1 element horizontal to the road, the 2020 looks like a 45' angle and has some additional welding along the lower end of the pipe sections.  When they land in showrooms we'll be able to have a closer gander.............

I went to my dealer yesterday to look at my 2020 bike ive ordered. I can share some photos, but they were not taken with the headers in mind, just for my own amusement until march 1st when the winterbreak is over here in Denmark.

Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Offline Bentham

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Bristol
JEPPAY, you are a lucky man!! do you have any experience of the current model to give us any feedback on the upgrades/changes when you collect?

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
*Originally Posted by Bentham [+]
JEPPAY, you are a lucky man!! do you have any experience of the current model to give us any feedback on the upgrades/changes when you collect?

You can bet your ASS i will! :D also have a look at my Youtube and instagrab at around the 5-6-7th of March :D
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY
www.instagram.com/JEPPAYDK
Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Online TrueNDiary

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
I went to my dealer yesterday to look at my 2020 bike ive ordered. I can share some photos, but they were not taken with the headers in mind, just for my own amusement until march 1st when the winterbreak is over here in Denmark.

Congratulation on your purchase of the new model!
Can you confirm in 100% it will fit?

Here a message I got from Arrow regarding my question.
From my understanding, they're supposed to have the newer model for testing in the next week.

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
Okay cool! excited to hear what they come up with! Im on the lookout for a decent pair of headers, maybe those in one big weld? and then being able to find a slip in i think matches best.
Im trying to find a nice brand with an ALL Black exhaust - ive found the S1 from SC project - but it would be nice to have just 1 or 2 more options :)
Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
*Originally Posted by TrueNDiary [+]
Congratulation on your purchase of the new model!
Can you confirm in 100% it will fit?

Here a message I got from Arrow regarding my question.
From my understanding, they're supposed to have the newer model for testing in the next week.

Any update from Arrow on their 71688MI header kit?
Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Online TrueNDiary

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Any update from Arrow on their 71688MI header kit?
Looks like 71688MI fits all models across 2017-2020 according to their website.
I really don't get it.
The new 2020 has the SAME engine as 2019 and yet, the company and probably other more will make a new model of Full-system with male connection pipe, that way they are profit more money out from the newly model.
I've purchased the new Z900 in all black scheme, I supposed to get it this week.

After completing the brake-in process, I'll try to install my 2019 full system which is female connector pipe.

Here is a model information I found in Kawasaki's website.

What are your thoughts about the specs?

https://kawasaki.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/20_Z900_Model-Information.pdf

Last Edit: Today at 07:44:34 AM by TrueNDiary