Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suzuki Katana  (Read 586 times)

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Suzuki Katana
Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 02:29:10 AM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
The B King motor is unmodified from the Busa. The only thing that holds back the power is it's exhaust system and the air box. It is a nutter bike.

Local shop told my brother he would love to "open the power" on his bike. I've been shopping for a full system on his bike, not a lot of options. He just changed the dual slip on.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 02:41:16 AM
Speak of the devil, I have not watched this yet.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 03:52:32 AM
Was just about to post that vid...

Just look at the way the cables drape across the bars...it looks sloppy and low tier looking. For $13.5K, you would need to be a hard core "katana" fan to overlook the several faults.

Just look at the way Triumph and Kawasaki make retro bikes. Not same league IMO.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #23 on: February 08, 2020, 04:32:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]

Just look at the way the cables drape across the bars...it looks sloppy and low tier looking. For $13.5K, you would need to be a hard core "katana" fan to overlook the several faults.

Just look at the way Triumph and Kawasaki make retro bikes. Not same league IMO.
Those cables are an afterthought. Horrible design on any bike regardless of cost.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #24 on: February 08, 2020, 05:00:59 AM
Not a fan of the view you get sitting on the bike. Handlebar section isn't great

Offline Lzed9ine

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: zr900 2K18
  • Town / City: South
Reply #25 on: February 08, 2020, 09:18:35 AM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]

heading upto my dealer today , huge outlet with

Honda, Ducati, KTM, Kawasaki, Suzuki & loads of accessories. I'm gonna have another good look at this katana & check out the headlight & bracket (again) from the z900rs & cb1000r for a possible transition.

without those hideous wing mirrors (even the z900 has them) the katana at first glance is pretty eye catching, very 80s

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2020, 12:36:18 PM
*Originally Posted by Lzed9ine [+]
without those hideous wing mirrors (even the z900 has them) the katana at first glance is pretty eye catching, very 80s
To be fair, I think if the whole front clip was removed and a round headlight was installed it would look nice. But then again, the front is what makes the katana "look" so RIP for Suzuki  :180:

Offline Lzed9ine

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: zr900 2K18
  • Town / City: South
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2020, 06:39:22 PM
bike looks good from one angle , sat on it earlier..... cock pit View is ugly & the wiring.... WTF 🤣

GSX-S & GSX-R are sweet machines , can't fault them everything else suzuki should eject from development.....simply a waste of materials