Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What adhesive for helmet cam?  (Read 252 times)

Offline logik

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Ebony/Black
What adhesive for helmet cam?
on: February 15, 2020, 08:04:55 PM
I'm peeling my helmet cam mount off of my old lid and putting it on my new one. What adhesive is suitable for sticking it to the new helmet? I have a Contour Roam 2, and the profile mount originally came with some kind of 3M thing.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Re: What adhesive for helmet cam?
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:06:52 PM
*Originally Posted by logik [+]
I'm peeling my helmet cam mount off of my old lid and putting it on my new one. What adhesive is suitable for sticking it to the new helmet? I have a Contour Roam 2, and the profile mount originally came with some kind of 3M thing.

I use Sugru, very strong!  :028:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:11 PM
Another option is sugru. MCrider did a video of his chin mount using it. Have a watch of this:

Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:08:22 PM
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
I use Sugru, very strong!  :028:

Literally just beat me to it lol.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline logik

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Ebony/Black
Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:30 PM
I may have to try that! I've used Sugru before but never to stick stuff together, only as a patch for rubbery surfaces.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:47:50 PM
*Originally Posted by logik [+]
I may have to try that! I've used Sugru before but never to stick stuff together, only as a patch for rubbery surfaces.

I used it to mould around my LED connection on my high beams. Sticks like sh1t to a blanket and completely waterproof.

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 11:12:42 PM
I ran across people talking about sugru when I was trying to mount my go pro. I mounted mine to the factory wind screen and it has held up to many extremely high speeds with no issue at all.

Online mADmAN

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 02:50:36 AM
not sure how permanent the sugru is... but ive been using the 3M VHB (Grey tape with red backing) and its held up well on my chin mount.