Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Code 33 still after ECU Flash  (Read 545 times)

Offline novak6991

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
Code 33 still after ECU Flash
on: February 24, 2020, 01:11:14 AM
Hey guys, finally got around to getting my ECU flashed from 2 Wheel Dyno Works, they are awesome over there. Got my ECU back within 3 days. We had a random nice day today (50 and sunny) and I got my ECU back in and took it for a test ride. Did about 35 miles, nothing crazy as it started to get cold. But I noticed I had the code 33 active for o2 sensor. I remember this code being thrown all the time before i had my ECU flashed because I have a full system and i believe water or condensation was getting on my o2 sensor. But now with it disabled I thought I wouldn't get this code anymore, unless I need to ride it more and wait for it to go out by itself? Anyone else have this issue? Or do I still need to plug the o2 sensor and put a jumper connector on? Although I don't see that being necessary if the ECU is programmed not to use the o2 sensor reading anymore. Thanks!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Code 33 still after ECU Flash
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 02:05:36 AM
Only thing 2wheel is telling us to do is to remove the o2 sensor and cap it..
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline Swingin Spanners

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:11:30 AM
I suspect you'll need to mimic a sensor to allow the code to be deleted. If a resistor is put in the wiring it will stop coding, some can be plugged into the O2 sensor loom. Maybe call your engine remapper and see if they can recommend one.

There's a lot of generic O2 sensors that use the same plug etc. A delete plug might be available for another model that will be the right one for z900.

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 02:23:14 AM
Odd because with a flash all codes are generally cleared before work is performed. Their tunes are "closed loop" (ignores O2) and they are supposed to turn off that portion. So its weird you are having this issue. You need to talk to them...hopefully it doesn't require you to ship it back.

Offline novak6991

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 02:31:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Odd because with a flash all codes are generally cleared before work is performed. Their tunes are "closed loop" (ignores O2) and they are supposed to turn off that portion. So its weird you are having this issue. You need to talk to them...hopefully it doesn't require you to ship it back.

I did and he said to disconnect and that the fault code is disabled. Why would I need to disconnect it if the fault code was disabled. Maybe I need to ride it more to clear it? Because it was on previously before getting it flashed.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 03:22:54 AM
I had my ECU flashed by them and havent had any problems. He told me to unplug wire harness for O2 sensor under tank instead of at exhaust. I just put a rubber cap over the disconnected ends of harness to keep water out. Also have to do the AIS block off at air box. I would try those 2 things first then go from there.

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 04:18:49 AM
*Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]
I had my ECU flashed by them and havent had any problems. He told me to unplug wire harness for O2 sensor under tank instead of at exhaust. I just put a rubber cap over the disconnected ends of harness to keep water out. Also have to do the AIS block off at air box. I would try those 2 things first then go from there.

I did this too and have had zero issues.

Offline novak6991

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 11:09:42 AM
*Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]

Yeah he told me to do the same. Next time I get warmer weather Ill try that.

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 10:26:29 PM
So how did you make out with this ?
2017 Z900

Offline novak6991

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 11:21:45 PM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
So how did you make out with this ?

Havent got around to riding yet. Weather is still crappy. I might just ride with it plugged in and see if it goes out.