Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Battery Recommendations  (Read 615 times)

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: NWA
Battery Recommendations
on: March 10, 2020, 01:43:20 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed a zillion times , needing some battery recommendations , I'm running LED's all around the bike. Needing something that can handle all my light output.

Best battery for the buck $$?? Let me know 💪🤠

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Battery Recommendations
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 04:21:26 PM
This is like asking what brand oil is best...  :087:

Best for the buck?... I will say the Deka ETX9 (its an AGM). But keep in mind, many different companies re-label the Deka (East Penn Manufacturing) battery as their own label. Good news is the Deka has a very certain unique top posts and thats an easy way to spot it.

My OEM battery died on me couple months ago and got mine from Autozone. They generally keep them in stock so if you have a store near you, walk in and get it.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:41:54 PM
No battery is going to help if the current draw is more than what's produced by the alternator, sooner or later the battery will be empty. However, I guess that would require a fuckton of LEDs to happen  :002:  :027:

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Battery Recommendation
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 02:29:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
This is like asking what brand oil is best...  :087:

Best for the buck?... I will say the Deka ETX9 (its an AGM). But keep in mind, many different companies re-label the Deka (East Penn Manufacturing) battery as their own label. Good news is the Deka has a very certain unique top posts and thats an easy way to spot it.

My OEM battery died on me couple months ago and got mine from Autozone. They generally keep them in stock so if you have a store near you, walk in and get it.
Demand is my brand. I have never replaced a Deka and have owned the bike with one for up to seven years. I use a maintainer though when the bije is not ridden.
I just bought a Deka for my car but was sad to see it made in China. The auto electric place I buy Deka at told me their US plant had a fire and that they had to "temporarily" have them manufactured in China. We'll see about that.

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 02:23:46 AM
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
No battery is going to help if the current draw is more than what's produced by the alternator, sooner or later the battery will be empty. However, I guess that would require a fuckton of LEDs to happen  :002:  :027:
This.

The Z900 stator is pretty wimpy. There's a factory recommendation somewhere that discourages the installation of heated grips. And yes, it's a stator - not an alternator.

You might want to keep an eye on your regulator/rectifier status and stator cable insulation if there's a continued high current draw from those lights. A bigger and better battery isn't going to help.
Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:24:40 AM by KellyL

Offline petrorabbit

• Z900 Member
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 07:19:14 PM
leds can't draw that much....how much amp did you added?
and listen to the guys above explaning about the stator limit not the battery
Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:20:02 PM by petrorabbit