Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What makes the Z900 so good?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline DirtGearTV

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: What makes the Z900 so good?
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 05:51:02 PM
*Originally Posted by quantum [+]
imo:
for the money, nothing else is even remotely close in terms of power, p/w, styling, performance, etc
hell, the "closest" bikes (which aren't that close) when i bought were the FZ07/FZ09 and CB650R, and dealers wanted $8900/$9800 and $8700 OTD, respectively. the Z900 was $7800 OTD. triumphs were over $10k otd, and everything else close is more than that.

everytime i think about selling the bike to get something else, i go for a ride, and fall in love all over again.
the thing just rips.....and the green frame looks so good in the FL sun.
my only complaints (which are minor) are the handlebars and the seat, and the fact that the aftermarket world really hasn't taken to the z900

$7800 OTD??? where in the world did you find a new z900 for that? 😳 All the dealers in FL want $8700 for an ABS plus 2k in taxes and dealer fees 😂🤷‍♂️   

Of course I didnt pay that but still...
Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:53:30 PM by DirtGearTV

Offline TricksOfTheTrey

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 / Ninja 300
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 07:06:34 PM
$8000 OTD for me for brand new.

One of the other things is the rarity of it. I've yet to see another z900 on the road. I get a lot of looks and questions of people asking what it is. Makes it a lot more fun than owning the same bike as everyone else (*cough FZ09). I strongly considered getting an XSR900 but I couldn't shake the feeling that the Z was made for me. Every time I sat on it, just felt liked everything was in just the right place.

Online iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 11:11:03 PM
Cheaper than the Z1000 I bought new 10 years earlier, lighter, better looking, better sounding. All around a solid bike for under $8000. Crazy really.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 06:11:25 AM
Kawasaki motors are good quality.  I have a early 1970s John Deere lawn mower with a Kawasaki engine in it and it still runs.  With a little tweaking on the tires, seat, shock and handle bars,  you can customize this bike for yourself perfectly!  Its a great combination between power and comfort,  plenty fast,  light enough, sexy looking,  its just the perfect bike for me!  My 2019 was 8300!  I am so thankful for such a wonderful quality Z900 in my garage!  I am so proud of it!
Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:19:43 AM by Warmweather-Rider
Alabama 47

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 01:38:02 PM
The other thing...Ok, I'm probably a bit older than what Kawasaki had in mind when they designed this Transformer looking bike. But I watched the reviews and read all the specs and bought one without ever test riding one because there were none available to test.
 (The dealer told me that after I paid for it if I didn't like it just turn around, bring it back, and they would give me a full refund). (I just kept riding, it was better than expected 👍).
Anyways...The first day I took it for a ride I rode by a group of teen aged girls. When they saw me coming they waved their arms and shouted "hey, take me for a ride", LOL. Yes, I had indeed bought the right bike only I would have had to tell those girls to go get their mothers. 😂

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 06:53:01 AM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
Like others have said similar things.
For me and my situation it's just the perfect road bike. I've been there and done that with the stupid 200bhp superbike on the street. Utterly pointless and just not fun after about 10 minutes.

The z900 is super comfy,
-Has great running costs. + My insurance costs are almost nothing.
-Bang for buck nothing even comes close.
-Lots of affordable upgrades if you want a little extra bling and noise.
-Plenty of power to have a mental few minutes but not so stupid that you're doing 150mph without even trying and going straight to prison.
-I love how it looks from every angle.
-It's light, flickable and really easy to manouvre in heavy traffic.
-No unessesary electronics. (rip 2020)
-Being a naked means it's amazingly easy to work on and keep clean.
-Something a bit different from the norm. I've been asked too many times to count "I love the look of that, what is it?"

What he said.  :028:

Offline DirtGearTV

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 10:30:31 PM
Ive got to throw in 2 cents after just getting back from couple hundred mile group ride with an mt-10, 2- R1s, and a 1199.

Bang for buck?? no question! Every one of those bikes  I rode with today were many thousands more. Here is me on my (near) stock 8k bike and not only keeping up with but passing far more experienced riders, in much more comfortable fashion 🤷‍♂️

The z900 for me is such a complete package, riding position, comfort, engine is absolutely outstanding. My z pulls harder off the bottom than my buddies mt-10 😳 That really says just how good a kawi engine is...

Its so confidence inspiring its almost dangerous...

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 11:05:28 PM
The Z900 suffers one big issue. After riding one for a while you appreciate just how much you get for so little. Then if you ever decide to get something else in future, it doesn't or barely measures up regardless of how much more you spend. At the end of day, rider modes, fancy Brembo's, complex valve-train design or exotic metals...spending 2x more doesn't even close get you 2x the motorcycle. Then you are stuck justifying how the new bike (replacing a z900) is better because bla bla bla...

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:18 PM
Simple, just buy a spare Z900!!