Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: **** covid-19  (Read 8188 times)

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: **** covid-19
Reply #70 on: March 25, 2020, 01:44:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
What is your point ras?
Just carry on as normal?
The virus in the US will be gone by Easter Sunday. I don't know if or how Easter is celebrated in other countries but if you do celebrate Easter then your worries are over as well.

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #71 on: March 25, 2020, 01:54:41 PM
No, my point is that the far left, the media and snowflakes of the world are causing mass panic. My point is that tens of thousands of people die from just what has become the common flu every year and there is no ..... this is the end  so shut the world down panic. Dont even get me started on Cancer or heck drinking and driving. This reaction is unprecedented and only time will tell. I have to believe there is a more middle of the rd reaction besides shutting down the global economy and running out GD toilet paper.

Maybe someone smarter than I knows the real reason this accidentally leaked out on the world.
2017 Z900

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #72 on: March 25, 2020, 06:40:40 PM
I just spoke to my doctor as I need a prescription for physical therapy but the virus topic came up. I asked the difference between covid 19 and the flu. He told me that because of the higher mortality rate this coronavirus has the possibility of killing many more people than the ordinary flu or even h1n1.
That's the big worry. They're afraid of another 1918. Again, because of the high mortality rate.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #73 on: March 25, 2020, 06:50:01 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I just spoke to my doctor as I need a prescription for physical therapy but the virus topic came up. I asked the difference between covid 19 and the flu. He told me that because of the higher mortality rate this coronavirus has the possibility of killing many more people than the ordinary flu or even h1n1.
That's the big worry. They're afraid of another 1918. Again, because of the high mortality rate.

It's 10x more contagious than flu.
It's not seasonal like flu. i.e. doesn't appear to diminish when the warmer weather arrives.
There is no vaccine like there is for flu.
It's here as well as flu not instead of flu.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #74 on: March 25, 2020, 09:58:59 PM
3 "supposedly" with it in my town, 2 people 20 minutes away (2 towns over- we're country folk) have died.  One was early 40s other late 70s  :005:
Too close to home now with me having asthma + Wife's respiratory issues also, yet I'm still going into work daily..... Definately gotta take it serious on my end.
Be safe peeps  :028:
"The ride is the reason"

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #75 on: March 25, 2020, 10:22:50 PM
Theres 2 way to see it. Shutdown everything so the spread is slower and you can receive care at the hospital OR do nothing, let people get infected in a fast and high ratio, hospital wont be able to give care to everyone but the virus might end faster but with a higher death/ratio
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline quantum

• Z900 Master
  • fine, i admit it, i'm a squid
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Navarre FL
Youth always tries to fill the void, an old man learns to live with it.

IG: @moar_beard

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #77 on: March 26, 2020, 12:03:51 AM
What was that? He left out the 1918 influenza that killed 50 million!
And hey, let's not give up on covid19, we just gettin started. 👍
What I mean is...let's wait until the results are in. There's plenty more people to die. Here in the US they're asking for volunteers.
 Murica 💥🇺🇸
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:27:46 AM by zed9

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #78 on: March 26, 2020, 02:49:28 AM
I'm reading / hear talk of people downstate in NY-  closer to NYC saying how they're packing up and coming North to escape it.....
HELL NO, stay the F :172: K  where your county is possibly infected. We don't need anymore of the crap than we may already have to deal with- lower 1/2 of NY and NYC is topping the charts, keep it there!!!

NYC can volunteer everyone, stack 'em in the streets----  "Bring out yer dead"...

"The ride is the reason"

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Reply #79 on: March 26, 2020, 12:23:15 PM
Its like Covid-19 is not enough - we have Earthquakes in Zagreb (Capitol of Croatia) after 140 Years. Im few miles from epicentre, my House is damaged, but not terrible, many are homeless now. And its snowing (few days ago it was warm, T-Shirt enough for walking).

### this sh#t, one crisis at a time, please  :001: