Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why the hate for stock tires?  (Read 2661 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DirtGearTV

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 46
  • Country: us
Why the hate for stock tires?
on: March 23, 2020, 09:06:12 PM
Iíve been hearing from youtube, forums, buddies, shops you name it all saying how absolutely terrible the stock tires are. I have zero complaints with mine, so I donít understand why all the hate?

I was keeping up with much faster riders yesterday on much faster tires and I never had a single oh $@!% moment.

I almost want to not like them just based on the fact that so many have commented on how terrible they are, but I just have nothing bad to say...

Online cjskinner

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1363
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:37 PM
Once they are hot on a nice and dry surface they arenít that bad.

Just be careful
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3882
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:45:32 PM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Once they are hot on a nice and dry surface they arenít that bad.

Just be careful

Yup
It is the damp cool rds the tires are greasy.
2017 Z900

Online Frontline

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 1141
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
  • Country: us
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 10:23:40 PM
Don't worry, you will "get it" once you get a proper sportbike type tire on the Z900. You will notice the very first turn with proper tires how the MC literally falls into turns as if you have power steering.

I had my share of scary moments with stock tires and NEVER with my Q3+ and Power RS. I only run dry weather premium tires.

Offline DirtGearTV

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 46
  • Country: us
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 11:59:43 PM
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Don't worry, you will "get it" once you get a proper sportbike type tire on the Z900. You will notice the very first turn with proper tires how the MC literally falls into turns as if you have power steering.

I had my share of scary moments with stock tires and NEVER with my Q3+ and Power RS. I only run dry weather premium tires.

Cool, iím thrilled that it can be better. I have yet to ride on wet roads. FL black tar is hot and sticky anyway so maybe I donít need to worry as much as colder climates.

Between the two you just mentioned which do you prefer? Iím considering one of those (when stocks expire)  or s22

Online cjskinner

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1363
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 01:12:11 AM
Are you riding sometimes in the rain or wet surface? If yes Road 5, if no, go with something else
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 3810
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 02:13:33 AM
*Originally Posted by DirtGearTV [+]
Iíve been hearing from youtube, forums, buddies, shops you name it all saying how absolutely terrible the stock tires are. I have zero complaints with mine, so I donít understand why all the hate?

I was keeping up with much faster riders yesterday on much faster tires and I never had a single oh $@!% moment.

I almost want to not like them just based on the fact that so many have commented on how terrible they are, but I just have nothing bad to say...
Do you have the 2020 model?
I do my own tires and I'll ride them til they are well done but with the d214 I changed them while they still had all their tread. Awful tires.
I went with Conti RA3.

Offline TricksOfTheTrey

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Bike: Z900 / Ninja 300
  • Town / City: Houston
  • Country: us
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 02:55:18 AM
Oh they are awful with anything wet at all. Even on dry smooth surfaces (my work parking garage for example) they can easily slide where other tires wouldn't. I have to go through my garage much slower and with less lean on the Z than on my Ninja.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 286
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 08:08:50 AM
I had my stock tires on for about 4000 km but many times I would loose traction in a roundabout (dry conditions and no hard acceleration, no dirt) tire would just slip a little bit, I could not get my self to trust the tire so I swapped them .. will never use dunlop again .. just shows what that kind of experience can do to a brand
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline MZ900

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 864
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
  • Country: lt
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 09:01:17 AM
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
I had my stock tires on for about 4000 km but many times I would loose traction in a roundabout (dry conditions and no hard acceleration, no dirt) tire would just slip a little bit, I could not get my self to trust the tire so I swapped them .. will never use dunlop again .. just shows what that kind of experience can do to a brand

I bet dunlop is a good company. But if you try to find tyre model like z900 comes from the factory, you will find - its non exist. So low budget tyre was made just for z900 - and it failed.
Same was for me at the first km's, tyre just slipped in turns and roundabouts even at low speed..making me put sh#t in pants....

"Keeping up with much faster riders...." ))) yeah yeah, tell us more

Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt