Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why the hate for stock tires?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline stuartho

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Re: Why the hate for stock tires?
Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 07:00:16 AM
*Originally Posted by DirtGearTV [+]
The problem is where I live sometimes I need to travel 40 miles on a straight shot JUST to get to a road with some twisties... Hopefully this wouldnt be an issue if I end up going with a ST tire

Some of the better tyres will have multiple compounds through the tyre profile. So harder compound on the crown and graduated to soft compound on the edges.  That way you dont get them squaring off as badly and you still get grip when leaned over.

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2020, 09:04:18 PM
I am perfectly happy with the stock tires (D214) as far as handling goes, but the front is shot already with only 5800 miles, and the rear still has tread left. I guess it could be worse, like the stock Bridgestones that came on my '08 Concours 14.  :151:

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 12:53:29 AM
*Originally Posted by mininsx [+]
I am perfectly happy with the stock tires (D214) as far as handling goes, but the front is shot already with only 5800 miles, and the rear still has tread left. I guess it could be worse, like the stock Bridgestones that came on my '08 Concours 14.  :151:
Did you ever find a tire that would last with the Connie? That bike is heavy and powerful.
I had a chance to ride my friends...what a great bike for the highway.
He hit a dear with it and managed to stay up. 😳

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 11:23:43 PM
Oh yeah, that wasn't a problem. I got a set of dual compound Michelins first, then when Dunlop came out with the Roadsmart I bought a pair of them. I could get 10,000 miles out of them.

Offline BGE541

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Chesapeake
Reply #34 on: July 15, 2020, 07:56:30 PM

I have 6k on my stock tires, seem to do well in hot/good conditions but looking forward to upgrading to Q3+ or something comparable...

Online Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 08:02:17 PM
MIchelin Power RS are not stock tyres.  :110:
I wish they were.  :169:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #36 on: July 15, 2020, 09:09:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
MIchelin Power RS are not stock tyres.  :110:
I wish they were.  :169:

When I saw that Michelin logo I was like thats not stock or I got scammed with my stock tires lol

OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline BGE541

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Chesapeake
Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:46 PM
Dude good eye! I guess I ASSumed since the bike had such low miles they were stock, they are Mich Power CT2+... I mean maybe thats why I thought they were good for stockers cause they arent!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 09:12:51 PM
*Originally Posted by BGE541 [+]
Dude good eye! I guess I ASSumed since the bike had such low miles they were stock, they are Mich Power CT2+... I mean maybe thats why I thought they were good for stockers cause they arent!

Dont need to change the early! Michelin isnt bad:)

Try to make the logo disappear, I cant with the roads I have here :(
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -