Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rickey Gadson vs Chris Moore. Kawasaki vs Suzuki.  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Re: Rickey Gadson vs Chris Moore. Kawasaki vs Suzuki.
Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 04:08:10 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I'll bet you a pint that Rickey wins. 🍺

It's a bet!
I'll let you concern yourself with the logistics of how you get a pint of Goose Island to me. I don't need to worry!
🍻

Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 01:56:25 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
It's a bet!
I'll let you concern yourself with the logistics of how you get a pint of Goose Island to me. I don't need to worry!
🍻
I wanted to cry when I heard Goose Island was bought by Anheuser-Busch. GI was the first craft beer I ever liked. I was working in Indiana in 1994 and used to go up to Chicago on my days off and have a pint right at the brewery.  It was beautiful back then. Now, since they are probably owned by InBev I can't even look at it.
Ballast Point or Wormtown ipa's are my fav now. And Anchor Steam. Win or lose, if you ever make it to the US I'll be happy to buy you a pint.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 07:32:23 AM
I wanted to cry when I heard Goose Island was bought by Anheuser-Busch. GI was the first craft beer I ever liked. I was working in Indiana in 1994 and used to go up to Chicago on my days off and have a pint right at the brewery.  It was beautiful back then. Now, since they are probably owned by InBev I can't even look at it.
Ballast Point or Wormtown ipa's are my fav now. And Anchor Steam. Win or lose, if you ever make it to the US I'll be happy to buy you a pint.

Cheers zed9. Likewise if you ever get to the UK. 🍻
Regarding the Goose;
I have no idea about any of the corporate stuff behind the brand I just know it's now my preffered tipple from the supermarket shelf. It was in the next slot to my regular which was out of stock. I assumed it was a UK beer and was amazed when I read the empty can to see it's brewed in Illinois. I guess it has be full of chemicals to stand the journey but still tastes good to me. No doubt tasted better still when it was a real craft beer, but I'll never know. 😕

Cazzy_R

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 02:06:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Cheers zed9. Likewise if you ever get to the UK. 🍻
Regarding the Goose;
I have no idea about any of the corporate stuff behind the brand I just know it's now my preffered tipple from the supermarket shelf. It was in the next slot to my regular which was out of stock. I assumed it was a UK beer and was amazed when I read the empty can to see it's brewed in Illinois. I guess it has be full of chemicals to stand the journey but still tastes good to me. No doubt tasted better still when it was a real craft beer, but I'll never know. 😕
To be fair, I live in a Bud Light area. So any Goose Island on tap usually just sits there. And no telling when the last time the lines were cleaned. (I'm no expert but I'm at the point where I can tell a fresh beer from a stale one and I will inspect the beer for clarity for floaters due to dirty lines).
The true test would be if I ever make it back to Chicago. And to continue, there are tons more local breweries than there were when I first had Goose.

If you can find Ballast Point 'Sculpin' IPA or 'Dorado' IPA I think it's amongst the best bottled beers out there.
And here's a fun fact...When Goose Island was bought out by Bud, Bud paid something like $16 million US.
The company that recently bought Ballast Point paid $1 billion US. Granted there's a few years between the sales but still it's astounding.
My favorite however is Wormtown 'Be Hoppy' IPA and it is brewed locally but it is a small brewery.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 04:10:49 PM
To be fair, I live in a Bud Light area. So any Goose Island on tap usually just sits there. And no telling when the last time the lines were cleaned. (I'm no expert but I'm at the point where I can tell a fresh beer from a stale one and I will inspect the beer for clarity for floaters due to dirty lines).
The true test would be if I ever make it back to Chicago. And to continue, there are tons more local breweries than there were when I first had Goose.

If you can find Ballast Point 'Sculpin' IPA or 'Dorado' IPA I think it's amongst the best bottled beers out there.
And here's a fun fact...When Goose Island was bought out by Bud, Bud paid something like $16 million US.
The company that recently bought Ballast Point paid $1 billion US. Granted there's a few years between the sales but still it's astounding.
My favorite however is Wormtown 'Be Hoppy' IPA and it is brewed locally but it is a small brewery.

Unfortunately Google shopping drew a blank on those brews.  :019:
Maybe one day.  :821:
Bud Light is available, obviously, but I wouldn't even give that to next door's cat.  :151:  :008:
Cazzy_R