Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Maximum Lean Angle  (Read 6329 times)

Offline sdiver68

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: St. Louis
Re: Maximum Lean Angle
Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 02:09:55 AM
I measured the max lean angle to the foot peg feeler...around 50 +/- 2 degrees.

Offline HandxStands

• Non Active
  • Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Sussex, NJ
Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 02:26:33 AM
*Originally Posted by sdiver68 [+]
I measured the max lean angle to the foot peg feeler...around 50 +/- 2 degrees.

So much for leaning over as far as my zx6r lol 😂

Offline sdiver68

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: St. Louis
Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 03:01:00 AM
Anything over 50 starts to get pretty insane on the street and almost all track bikes need rear sets.  Many/most track bikes are also raised front and rear..for instance my GSXR race bikes all had fork extenders and of course adjustable rear length shocks.

Hanging off properly will reduce your lean angle for any given speed.  Pilot Power 3's which are an excellent sport/track tire are rated at 50.9.

All this to say I really don't think 48-50 stock is bad for a sport bike.
Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:09:50 AM by sdiver68

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 12:42:03 PM
*Originally Posted by sdiver68 [+]
Anything over 50 starts to get pretty insane on the street and almost all track bikes need rear sets.  Many/most track bikes are also raised front and rear..for instance my GSXR race bikes all had fork extenders and of course adjustable rear length shocks.

Hanging off properly will reduce your lean angle for any given speed.  Pilot Power 3's which are an excellent sport/track tire are rated at 50.9.

All this to say I really don't think 48-50 stock is bad for a sport bike.

:0461:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline Eni900

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Tirana
Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 05:10:32 PM
*Originally Posted by HandxStands [+]
So, my last bike I'm coming off is a 12' Ninja Zx6r and I could always lean over pretty far on this bike when cornering. With the Z900 I seem to be having trouble leaning it as much and I understand it's a completely different bike but I believe I should at least be able to get my knee down.

I'll add that the Dunlop Sportmax D214s the bike came with are pretty subpar, I'll be upgrading to Dunlop Q3s or Bridgestone S21s, haven't decided yet. I'm also not pushing the Z super hard when cornering.

Anyone have any tips on how lean a naked style bike compared to a sport like the one I had? I've got a track day coming up and want to practice before hand :)

Hi,
don`t think i`ll be really helpful regarding your question, but i`m using the opportunity to shed some light on my experience till now with the SuperCorsa V3. Superb handling and all that other crap, BUUUUT such a weird way of tread soft material consumption. Up to 3.5k km (with mostly high way, b-roads and 1 track day) everything was awesome, from that point on up to 4k and a bit i have no idea how i actually survived some really unexpected oversteers at speeds under 100kmh.
Very good at turning / quick leaning, but really really bad in roads with as much as a  bunch of "molecules" of dust on the tarmac. Also dont even try them on the wet except if u are on a suicide mission  :001:

I`m on some Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs now, 2.5k km on it already and i see no change in tread depth. Great surprisingly wet performance with lots of feedback, really good on the dry also but a bit slow to turn and not so much confidence inspiring as the Pirellis though and i also really appreciate a tire that talks to me all the time in every move that i make (something the Pirellis lacked A LOT)

Hope that is helpful for a lot of guys out there. I`ve had only 10k km in nearly 9 months with this bike and 15k km on my previous one, so i cant say i`m a pro or something, but i like to experiment for sake of the community  :018:

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Z900 Member
  • Town / City: London
Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 11:05:34 AM
Eni900 - Note this is a 2 yr old topic !