Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Recommendations on new tires  (Read 2287 times)

Offline OShtey

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2019 Kawasaki Z900 A
  • Town / City: Bellingham
Re: Recommendations on new tires
Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 05:07:45 PM
*Originally Posted by Drak3n [+]
Hello, i can recommend Continental Road Attack 3. Front tyre 15 000km - K.O. Rear around 9000km, but i will never swap rear tyre only from now, only a set ! RA3 was good for scraping footpegs and was totally confident during heavy rain, and i mean almost flood-like conditions. Of course night and day difference, compared to stock Dunlop tyres, which worked for me only on racetrack. I would buy them again, just want to try something different (just ordered set of Bridgestones S22).

Thanks! I will compare the two.

Offline Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 07:36:34 PM
*Originally Posted by Drak3n [+]
Hello, i can recommend Continental Road Attack 3. Front tyre 15 000km - K.O. Rear around 9000km, but i will never swap rear tyre only from now, only a set ! RA3 was good for scraping footpegs and was totally confident during heavy rain, and i mean almost flood-like conditions. Of course night and day difference, compared to stock Dunlop tyres, which worked for me only on racetrack. I would buy them again, just want to try something different (just ordered set of Bridgestones S22).
I also have the Conti Road Attack 3. They are a good tyre!

Offline savedzrex

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: ZRX1200 Versys 1000
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 12:57:23 PM
Tire topics can almost be like oil threads...... :156: :156:   But tires you can really feel and it is the main component that keeps us all on the road and our passion/investment.

I've had a bunch of brands and overall they did well however, I have found the most confidence in any weather especially wet or damp that Michelin are my favorite and I have the most confidence in for 'Spirited' riding in any situation.  Motorcycle tires have come a long way in the past decades (the price is still hard to deal with) nevertheless choose wisely young Jedi's.............. :821: :821:
Let the Good Times Roll...........Amen

Offline OShtey

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 05:16:56 PM
Thank you all! Michelin just seems like the way to go. I've seen some older pilot 2's much cheaper then the road 5. Is there a huge difference between the generations?

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 01:47:54 PM
*Originally Posted by OShtey [+]
Thank you all! Michelin just seems like the way to go. I've seen some older pilot 2's much cheaper then the road 5. Is there a huge difference between the generations?

Hell yes. Michelin claims even after 3000 miles a new Road 5 tire will perform just like a brand new PR4.

Can't imagine the difference between the 2 and 5
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline savedzrex

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: ZRX1200 Versys 1000
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Let the Good Times Roll...........Amen

Offline OShtey

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 05:13:07 PM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Hell yes. Michelin claims even after 3000 miles a new Road 5 tire will perform just like a brand new PR4.

Can't imagine the difference between the 2 and 5

Excellent, I just purchased the 2's as they were on sale(closeout price) at RevZilla.

Offline MickPoil99

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Horsham
Reply #17 on: May 30, 2020, 04:32:20 PM
I had Continental RA3 tyres fitted yesterday and I can't believe the difference compared with the Dunlops. I can feel them gripping the road as opposed to just rolling over it. When I got home the felt really hot and sticky as opposed to just warm.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #18 on: May 31, 2020, 01:15:52 AM
I went over this topic for months while still running the stock dunflops. Honestly, best thing you can do is get rid of them even if theyve still got life in them. After reading/watching countless tyre reviews the shortlist was either the road 5s or the Conti road attack 3s. I opted for the road 5s as I ride year round in the UK with rain and cooler temps being the norm. Honestly you cant go wrong with the Michelins, Ive ridden my bike in all weather from 97F in summer, through torrential rain storms and all the way down to 10F in the depths of winter. No complaints in any case. The guys that went with the road attack 3s rave about those too, so I think either would be a good choice. The Michelins edged it slightly for me due to my own conclusion that they might just be that little bit better in the wet and so far they havent disappointed. If it helps, Im currently on 5,500 miles on the rear tyre (had to replace the first after a tear) and its still got loads of tread left on it. The way its going, Ill see over 11k without any issues. Stock rear tyre still had some tread depth left when I changed it at 5k but was horribly square by 4k.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 07:24:53 AM
Life of the rear stock tyre was 1900 miles when on wear bar.After a lot of internet searching and on here changed to Road 5's.On the day when they were fitted it was raining quite heavily so a bit of trepidation riding the 30 miles home on new tyres  but  no dramas quite surprised when I got home how much of tyre was actually used.Have now scrubbed them in and they are very confidence inspiring.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.